Timing Cover and balancer for 1974 Slant 6 225CI

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightStick

Reaction score
Can anyone help me locate a Timing Chain Cover and Harmonic Balancer for a 1974 Slant 6 225 Cu In. I can get the Balancer from Rock Auto but can not seem to find a Timing Cover.
Thank You
KnightStick

The only timing covers available for the Slant are going to be used ones. No one makes them in aftermarket (or Dealer for that matter).
jus sayin...

IMG_0634.JPG
I have this timing cover I believe came off a 73 225.Its been power coated.If your interested I can check the cost of shipping.

The only timing covers available for the Slant are going to be used ones. No one makes them in aftermarket (or Dealer for that matter).
jus sayin...
Yes I figured that. I will use a used one as long as it fits. I am helping a friend try to locate one as there is not one on the engine now so we have nothing to compare it to. I know the p/n changed from 63-67 to a different p/n 68- 70 but the book he has does not go beyond 70 so I really don't know the p/n for the 74. I thank you for the response.
KnightStick

View attachment 1715883143 I have this timing cover I believe came off a 73 225.Its been power coated.If your interested I can check the cost of shipping.
I will get back to you on this as it is for a friend and I don't want to make the decision but I am sure he will want it. I am in NE PA. How much for the cover itself and of course he will pay the shipping. I want to thank you for your quick response.
KnightStick

FYI, any year timing cover will fit any year engine. The only difference will be in the location and style of the timing pointer.

FYI, any year timing cover will fit any year engine. The only difference will be in the location and style of the timing pointer.
Well that is some good information, thank you. Well how does this work? I would definitely like to have the cover. How do I pay you?

Can anyone help me locate a Timing Chain Cover and Harmonic Balancer for a 1974 Slant 6 225 Cu In. I can get the Balancer from Rock Auto but can not seem to find a Timing Cover.
Thank You
KnightStick

You need to start a wanted thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back