Tire Size Suggestions

-

cactuscarl

Reaction score
I recently bought some 15x8 for rears and 15x6 for the front (large bolt pattern) for my '67 Cuda. I need to get some tires now and need some suggestions on what size tires I could fit.

I was thinking 255 60's for rear and 235 60's for the front.

Ideas anyone?

Thanks!

The front are limited to a 26-27 inch tall tire,due to turning and the tire touching the fender.You want to have at least a 28 inch tire for the rear if you got some decent power,Mrmopartech

I was also wondering the same question myself? I have a 1967 Fastback Barracuda. I want to buy either a set of Crager SS Wheels or the Rally's in a 15x7 for the front and a 15x8 for the rear. I hear people say the largest tire I can use upfront is a P225/60/15 and a P235/60/15. On the rear I hear I can use a P245/60/15 and a P255/60/15. What is anyone's experience here with this? I want the largest possible size without having a Hit and rub issue on my car. I want to use BF Goodrich Radial T/A's. Please advise....Thanks. Ohhh....I have Super stock springs and the wheels are small bolt pattern.

A factory stock rim is a 15x7.What I would do if you have two or four rims like this is mount two different types of tires of width and height on the rims and see how they fit YOUR needs.Normally I run 70 up front and monster tires in the rear,my car is tubed so i have 32x17 hossiers.I have found that,people tend to run to wide a tire up front and a very low profile tire as well.You have to decide the type of driving you intend to do and how fast you intend to do it!.Your torsion bars have allot to do with this too.To weak a bar,your tires will rub when going into a corner hard.What height are they set at?Do you have a deep oil pan?What type of ride height do you like?these question should be looked at and set in place before you buy your tire,why,because once you buy it and scratch the side wall its yours,weather you like it or not!Mrmopartech

-
Back