TIRED

-
Tired, don't want to rant, but I am tired. Laid off in 2013 cause I didn't want to move to MI. Couldn't find full time permanent work here in this area in my field. Ended up in MI in 2015 at job I would of had in 2013. That job sucked, being there just validated the reasons I didn't go in the first place. Came back Dec last year, got BS job at some big box store not paying enough to survive.... Offered job with distant cousin who does not know how to train or manage people. Only saving grace is a little more money, better hours, and real close to home, but not enough cash to get ahead. I keep getting these ads for employment about 25 miles from home, not too far over all. But 2nd shift. Would be more money and in field I was in for many years. I just need about 10 more years to work. Job I have now will probably never amount to a real decent paycheck, just enough to keep my head above water, but just barely. Like I said, tired. Don't want to go in, but have to.......
Years back a really cool old Jewish Gent told me "go where the money is".
I took his advice and many years later I retired at 52. This year I will start collecting Social Security.
My advice is the same to you, stick it out and go where the money is.

There is something mental about how the more money you make , the higher you feel your self worth is.
It took me years to figure out my sense of self worth had nothing to do with that.

Reading through all the posts reminds me of my younger years trying to get ahead but never really did always just made enough to pay the bills with just enough left over to keep the car on the road. I don't know if a better job is the answer or just a better attitude on my part would have helped.

Reading through all the posts reminds me of my younger years trying to get ahead but never really did always just made enough to pay the bills with just enough left over to keep the car on the road. I don't know if a better job is the answer or just a better attitude on my part would have helped.
Haven't looked at this in a while. Like you I never could get ahead, turns out drugs and alcohol was doing me in. My habits were in the excess of both. No more drugs in 22 years, and last drink was 2 years ago. I'll drink at home once in a while, but not very often. My new drug of choice is sitting in my garage, impatiently waiting for me to get off my fat butt and do something about it. Onward through the fog!

How is ur new job going? I don’t have much ambition either. Kim
So far so good. Not much testing but a lot of paperwork. Kinda slow at the moment with no indoor seating for restaurants, but staying even. Thanks for asking.

-
Back