Tires for 14 RAM Big Horn - 275/60/R20

-

pntastar69

Reaction score
Need 4 new tires for the truck. Called the local tire shop and they recommended CONTINENTAL CROSSCONTACT™ LX20. The reviews look pretty good. Anybody running these tires? Pros/cons?

that's what they probably sell in the main tires I run some pirellis and some goodyears what I like michelin's but it'll cost you about $1,400 for a set

My last few sets have been Coopers on my 15 Ram. Been happy with them, their snow performance really seems to drop off at about 50% life though. They have a higher load rating than most in that size which I look for since I put a ton of miles on towing.

My current set of tires for my '09 Ram 1500 are made-in-the-USA Coopers. Happy with them so far.
They seem to have better wet traction than the Goodyears that were on the truck when I bought it (used) several years ago. I had to 'baby' the Goodyears in wet conditions when starting up from a stop at intersections and going across anything painted like crosswalks.
The Coopers just drive across the painted lines without slipping.

I always bought Cooper tires for my 09 1500 but the last pair wore out pretty fast with rotation every 5k.
I just put a set of General ATX on my 20 1500 and they are excellent. Fairly aggressive tread but not noisy at all.
I couldn't wait to get the factory supplied Nexen tires off. Scary in the rain.
I put Falken AT3 on my Father in Laws 14 1500 and they were also excellent but are very pricy now.
I guess it depends on your driving. I do a good amount of off road during hunting season. I
I get an employee discount through TireBuyer. I think I got 15% off by signing up for emails etc and keep your eyes out for
rebates.

I only run all terrain tires on my trucks with E load ratings because I don't like getting stuck on a dog tird in the driveway.
Normal tire for me would be the bfg all terrain t/a ko2 because of the snow rating.
However the last two sets of bfgs I ended up with a vibration as they wear down.

My current 22 rebel came with the good year wranglers. No complaints yet! 300kms ;-)
When the stock tires wear out I will be looking at toyo open country at3

last time i needed tires for the truck i went with Kenda Klever MTs
i figured, they are hands down the best tire i ever ran on a dirtbike, they must do pretty good on a truck as well

so far, i like em

-
Back