To Swap or not To Swap

-

clementine

Flight risk
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Ok Ill try to keep this short.

1967 barracuda fastback. Stick. 383. I believe the car has had right front damage at some point.
Car is painted and being put together.
Mini tubbed.
Replace shackles with sliders (tack welded)
diff perches are not welded
Engine has 1" spacer drivers side to clear steering gear.
steering box is questionable as far as tightness.
My dilemma is I have a later K member that I got after motor went in. The current K member is the 67 only deal and has a botched weld job where the LCA pin goes making it very hard to put in the torsion bar. I was going to put in aftermarket sway bar and adjustable struts and realized that now would be a good time to just bite the bullet and do the K member swap before getting this thing together and welding in the rear end and sway bar where everything lines up and it tracks correctly. I did the mini tub so Fred Flintstone over here could have possibly put the front leaf spring cups in slightly off or something and now is my chance to correct stuff.....but I feel like if I did it with this 67 K frame, that could be tweaked then its also possible the later one wont work either. Does this make sense? Also, if I used the later K frame and could correct the spacer deal, then when I put the console in the stick would be in the right spot. To correct the spacer I may have to come up with a different pitman to clear header or????? Of course the idler would be the later one too, so thats good. I know its a cluster. Thats why Im asking.....

WWFD (what would fabo do?)

Seems like a no brainer.

Clemintine, you've been good to me. Remember the 340 K frame you welded up for me? I'll donate it to your project if it will help. It's a 1970 340 K frame I got from old Kimmer in Saskatchewan. If this will help your solution, let me know. We're still planning on heading to the deep south this fall, so you'd be saving me poundage. Please PM me if you're interested. I like to help the good guys.

Clemintine, you've been good to me. Remember the 340 K frame you welded up for me? I'll donate it to your project if it will help. It's a 1970 340 K frame I got from old Kimmer in Saskatchewan. If this will help your solution, let me know. We're still planning on heading to the deep south this fall, so you'd be saving me poundage. Please PM me if you're interested. I like to help the good guys.
Yall still makin the move to Florida?

I am very thankful friend. Ill use it for the duster swap.

EDIT: One way to get a K frame from a buddy, booger the welds so bad he gives it to ya:rofl:Ha! Just kidding Sir.

-
Back