Today is supposed to be the day....

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
...that the Kalispell Tribe closes on the track formerly known as Spokane Raceway Park/Spokane County Raceway.

I went to the banquet for Renegade Raceway and RJ was there. He told me that they were closing on it today. They are planning on opening the strip next year. Thanks to the former promoter taking some sort of chips that are needed for the score boards the Tribe is probably going to replace them. The chips that he took have not been made in over 20 years..sounds like between all the necessary parts to put the timing system together it is going to be over $100k.

The Kalispell Tribe has big plans for the facility. From what I have been told the 2024 NHRA Division 6 Summit Series ET Finals will be held in Spokane. It will be the 50th Anniversary for the track.

They are trying to come up with a new name as the Tribe does not want it to be associated with the man that built it....nor the last promoter. I asked why not just name it the Kalispell Raceway...RJ just chuckled and said he could not help but wonder how many people would just automatically assume it was in Montana.

I have been told I have a spot on the wall next year. Really hope I do....

...that the Kalispell Tribe closes on the track formerly known as Spokane Raceway Park/Spokane County Raceway.

I went to the banquet for Renegade Raceway and RJ was there. He told me that they were closing on it today. They are planning on opening the strip next year. Thanks to the former promoter taking some sort of chips that are needed for the score boards the Tribe is probably going to replace them. The chips that he took have not been made in over 20 years..sounds like between all the necessary parts to put the timing system together it is going to be over $100k.

The Kalispell Tribe has big plans for the facility. From what I have been told the 2024 NHRA Division 6 Summit Series ET Finals will be held in Spokane. It will be the 50th Anniversary for the track.

They are trying to come up with a new name as the Tribe does not want it to be associated with the man that built it....nor the last promoter. I asked why not just name it the Kalispell Raceway...RJ just chuckled and said he could not help but wonder how many people would just automatically assume it was in Montana.

I have been told I have a spot on the wall next year. Really hope I do....

Are you out in Kalispell InkJunkie? I was just out there.

...........Or maybe they don't want to be associated with the SPOKANE Indians.............

I wish them well. No doubt that this area has had a sordid history. My first trip to any track was the old Deer Park strib--operated by the same Orville Mo

Good deal! It's nice to hear a track is being saved!
We are still waiting to hear the fate of Milan Dragway here.

-
Back