-

33IMP

Reaction score
In the shade..

But it's a dry heat.

And the dogs still wanna play.

20210804_152948.jpg

20210804_153006.jpg

Sounds bout right :D Used to know that area fairly well. One of them days the only reason to get out of the river is to refill the floating ice chest with beer :lol:

Last time I took the "scenic" route to Phx I did Barstow and Needles. Good parts of both look like ghost towns compared to my times spent there in my teens and 20s.

I'd almost kill for a day with only 10% humidity.

We've had 94% a few days this past week.

100% and NOT raining happens here occasionally as well.

I'd almost kill for a day with only 10% humidity.

We've had 94% a few days this past week.

100% and NOT raining happens here occasionally as well.

Yeah, the humidity limits my time in the barn working on stuff. Can't wait for winter.

We get about 6 weeks of motorcycle/convertible/painting weather around March/April/May and then another 6 weeks around September/October/November.

December, January and February can be in the 30's, and June, July and August can be over 100 with 99% humidity and rain every single day.

Our recently acquired indoor/outdoor thermometer tracks high and low and shows 32 and 109.
We got it in Feb IIRC.
Some years we even get high to mid 20's.

Brrrrrr.

...but I wouldn't go back to Ohio minus 15 to 30's for almost 5 months of the year.

It finally cooled down a little here 83 and thunder storming.
I bet within an hr it will be 90+ again and so humid you will not want to be outside.

Kinda nice here this morning, only 90° at 8 am.

Glad i dont buy diesel in Needless ( accurate assessment of Needles). This morning on the way home.
(The Shell station next door, was higher.)

20210805_080814.jpg

Yeah, and its not much better in Kingman or Yuma. They charge California prices in Arizona border towns.

Tampa Bay= Hot,Humid, and Raining here.... and that's the way it was, is, and will always be. It gets nice around late November, sometimes....

Glad i dont buy diesel in Needless ( accurate assessment of Needles). This morning on the way home.

View attachment 1715776555
Good lord you guys are getting raped, fuel is like $3.00 a gallon here.

Hey guy, you ran out of thermometer!!!

SE Tx. Winter of 2-3 months is our good times, the rest of the year it is HOT but NOT like there. And gas is cheaper too!!

But the state ran out of power last winter for 3 days last winter and 35 people froze to death. But Fed. politician said, that was only .00006:wtf::BangHead::icon_fU::realcrazy: of the states population!!???

View attachment 1715776555

Gas prices knockin' on the 5$ door at numerous places here near the beach too. "Needless" I like that :lol:.
My dad made a lot of that concrete in I 40 there in Needless. I think I did some too, even though I was only 15 or 16 at the time. It was a learning opportunity and I took it, what can I say. I even helped strip the false work/forms and columns from under one of the bridges. "If you see a yellow private plane flying low over the job. Get out of sight quickly. That's the boss." says dad :lol:.

Gas prices knockin' on the 5$ door at numerous places here near the beach too. "Needless" I like that :lol:.
My dad made a lot of that concrete in I 40 there in Needless. I think I did some too, even though I was only 15 or 16 at the time. It was a learning opportunity and I took it, what can I say. I even helped strip the false work/forms and columns from under one of the bridges. "If you see a yellow private plane flying low over the job. Get out of sight quickly. That's the boss." says dad :lol:.
I was hiking once out in afton canyon and wouldn't you know it, two little yellow cubs flying INSIDE the tiny little canyon. (tail numbers blocked out.) I was informed later that their best guess was drug planes. interesting....:lol:

Yesterday, I actually saw some diesel a few pennies cheaper than gas...have not seen that in decades!!

People from the Left Coast used to tell me how where i live Tx Mo Ok Ks how it sucks big time,,but I just say at least our gas is not $5 a gal, the state is not on fire, and our politicians are jus:confederateflag::rofl:ta different level of crooked or stupid!!!

-
Back