Today's phone call, hydraulic roller lifters info, good service, and glad to have a Mopar

-

DrEamer

I suffer from cars on the brain!
Reaction score
I know it's a strange title, but I had a cool experience today with a parts vendor. Plus, I received some good information that someone might be able to use. As many of you know, getting a good hydraulic lifters is getting harder to do be it flat tappet or roller. I found one of the post here from one of our members that said they were have the best luck with Hylift Johnson slow bleeds. The problem I was having is finding a vendor that carried them for Mopar's, or has a similar part number, but not sure it they actually made them. So, I ended up calling Hylift Johnson directly to see if they could steer me to one of their vendors, since a lot of places will not sell direct to the public. I was surprised when they not only said they would sell to me direct, but also that I would be better off buying direct to insure I was getting their lifters. Before I even ordered, he called the shipping department and asked them to make sure I could get my parts on today shipment if I ordered. When I told him that I was ordering for a Mopar, he said I was lucky, since their plant has been closed for close to three months because of Covid, and Mopar lifters are some few part numbers that they had left. I ended up going with the Direct shot option lifters. According to him, they are their best hydraulic lifters, and they are actually hand assembled for quality control due to the tight tolerances. I'll paste the information for the Direct Shot option from their website for those who might be interested in checking them out. I'm hoping I did not buy a bill of goods, but I'll know when the engine is up and running for awhile.

Hy-Lift Johnson introduces Direct Shot (pat pend)Bearing Oil injection system as an option to all of our roller Lifters, Identified by an “E” after the part number like A-2148E. Our system utilizes a proprietary oil band system that prevents debris from clogging up the oil supply hole. Our Oil Supply hole is located down from the Engine oil supply gallery where debris travels. This prevents pieces of debris from clogging up the 0.012” diameter oil supply hole. Other designs supply oil from the oil band area which is exposed to debris that might be in the oil system. Once the oil hole is clogged the benefits of this type of system are rendered useless. We also provide holes to each end of the bearing for extra reliability. Extreme engine testing has shown that our

-
Back