Toluene Dart - '73 swinger

-
I was tossing around the idea of solid/solid roller/ hyd roller as well. So I'm not totally committed to a hyd cam. Solid cam would be fun I'm sure. I really want it to just scare the **** out of people when they go for a ride.

I was tossing around the idea of solid/solid roller/ hyd roller as well. So I'm not totally committed to a hyd cam. Solid cam would be fun I'm sure. I really want it to just scare the **** out of people when they go for a ride.
Absolutely, it will.. Something around a 250- ish at "050" , on a 109 -110 lobe center, about.500" -.530 " lift, before lash... Throw "Fishy68..." Tracy.." a post... He loves streetable strokers, .. He might.., have a cam grind , or two in mind..

I was interested in some howards cams I just wish they showed cam timing to compare to other brands

I was interested in some howards cams I just wish they showed cam timing to compare to other brands
Use the Wallace racing calculators with the cams advertised durations and LSA and installed at intake centerlines, it will show intake and exhaust opening/closing timing and overlap for any cam. www.wallaceracing.com/cam-deg-calc.php

Last edited:
I found my desktop dyno does the same thing automatically. Which is cool.
I was also thinking about sticking with a hyd cam and using maybe a Lunati 60405.

Bought a new shifter for the new transmission. Hopefully the trans will be here end of next week. Also got a new Torque converter.. I can already say the quality of this new converter "looks" WAAAAY NICER than the cheap *** boss hog I had in car.

19944490_10207526429077705_7064570987345280044_o_zpsk4wzipfh.jpg

19961136_10207547908294672_2050749611738633130_n_zpsmeyfjc05.jpg

19894910_10207547908254671_8850582760154667918_n_zpsw1plf7y2.jpg

alright.. transmission works.... and when the skinny pedal is stabbed that sucker flashes to 4k and off she goes... time for gears...

Hot August Nights in Sparks NV.. Testing out the new Gopro wannabe camera.. so far not too shabby. I'll post some Cruise video's later.
FHD0020.JPG

FHD0020.JPG

SO here at Hot August nights they have drag races.. not some super hardcore ones, but a dinky 330ft drag race w/ times and all. Basically whoever can 60ft the best wins.
My first run ever.... lots of smoke.. 7.669 @ 38mph... smoke 'em if you got 'em

My third run.. Pedal'd the crap out of first then hammered down. MUCH better, this sucker pulls pretty good for such a small track. 6.27@53mph way better than the first. Need to get that launch down. Btw, none of this is prepped, it's just a parking lot they turned into a miniature drag strip.. but fun none the less!

Awesome! Looks like fun
Oh it is, I'm going again tonight. Nova thought he was gonna pick on me and just happened to be the race I kinda got it to hook. Nice guy though, I could tell he was disappointed this unfinished mopar flew past him.

Not much new has happened. My buddy had a brand new AED 750 double pumper that he "loaned" me and that thing runs pretty sweet. I also picked up a third member w/ 3.55 gears and a spool for $270. She fishtails pretty easy with upgraded diff. Still have a crappy oil leak i'm gonna have to pull the engine out to fix. While it's out I might update the cam and play with the heads a smidge.

That’s all right. I’ll be waiting for the next video & report. It never happens fast.

Yanked the engine to fix oil leak, which was apparently coming from the new rubber pan gasket at the back of the engine. HOpefully my fix stops the leak. While it was out, new LUnati Voodoo roller cam was installed, used stock roller lifters (new) and stock hardware from a doner roller block at the pick n pull and some new pushrods from Summit. After a few hours of fighting the battery and trying to get the thing to start, finally jumped the battery to have enough voltage and the msd decided to function.
Unfortunately there is a misfire...Not sure from what, I have spark from the wires. Maybe a dead plug or even a valve too tight.

Last edited:
Well I don't know what happened but the timing marks don't line up anymore from the balancer. But everything else is where it should be. So found tdc and marked with new timing tape. Got the engine to time properly and now it runs much better. 3.55's and that pig will spin em from 30mph.

-
Back