Too much noise

-

DartOS

Reaction score
I'm changing from mostly a track car to mostly a street car. The electric fuel pump is mounted to the frame rail using rubber isolators. Didn't bother me at the track with open headers, helmet and other cars.
I swapped out the monster pump for a street friendly Holley. Now the noise Is driving me crazy. Is there a better choice (less noise) for the street?

I run a Carter mech up front and an Airtex pusher in the back that I turn on when I'm at the track. The mech will pull fuel thru the electric pump. Electric pump is suspended on a 2 inch wide piece of rubber.

I'm running a Carter M4594 out back. It comes with little rubber isolaters. I read it was not that noisy and came with everything for a nice clean proper install. May depend on where and how good its mounted and further isolated, and with most cars with deadener and carpet etc may be fine. In my 100℅ tin can of a van with zero sound deadening it is somewhat noisy, but when rolling is pretty much cancelled out by my loud exhaust.

I'd like to run a good mechanical pump but that requires building and installing new fuel lines from tank to pump, pump to carb.
Then removing the old fuel system.

20190412_110753.jpg

Mercedes hung pump/filter combo pack in a rubber suspended scrotum. works for them. Keep the hard lines insulated off the rail too.
s-l500.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry, I can't help you, OP. But, I want to make my Cuda as annoying as it possibly can be.. so the wife doesn't want to ride in it when I want to take a road trip.. so I'll do the exact opposite of what you do. Thanks guy. :)

Get your pump off the frame rail and mount it to a big strap of rubber suspended. The old style rubber exhaust hanger is what works good.
That's a great idea, period.:thumbsup:

-
Back