tools need to remove driveshaft 1988-2003 Dakota/Ram 1500 ?

-

rustytoolss

Reaction score
Been a long time since I needed to get a used driveshaft at a junkyard. So bare with me. The older mopars used (4) 7/16 headed fine thread bolts to hold the straps . Do the newer Dodge truck use the same stuff ??? Don't want to find out I need metric tools/ or Torx drive tools to pull a driveshaft.

No, that's quite a range of possible rear yolks between years and body's. Some older ones will have the saddle type but could have Ethier a 7/16" or an 8mm (5/16"). Or they could have a non saddle type with 9/16", 13mm, or 15mm bolts holding the 2 piece rear yolk together. Or if it's 02 and later could possibly be t40, or t45 bolts on the 2 piece rear yolk.

Well I need to get a driveshaft (no 2 piece driveshafts) that was used for an A500/A518 overdrive trans. That might be better info.

Well I need to get a driveshaft (no 2 piece driveshafts) that was used for an A500/A518 overdrive trans. That might be better info.
Ok, bone yard will probably call that trans a "42RE" and should have a saddle type. Could be either 7/16" or 5/16".

-
Back