Torqueflite 904 450HP please help me !!

-

Michel

Reaction score
Hello, my friends

I will rebuild my TorqueFlite 904 for use in a Mopar 318LA and 100HP nitrous + - 400/450 HP
KIT which it would be better ?? TCI 129000 or Performance Pro Automatic Max Performance PAKT12701 Kits ???

http://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/pma-pakt12701

http://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/tci-129000

I plan to use a torque converter Hughes 3000 stall, what do you think ??

http://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/hup-27-30/overview/

With 4.10 gear and Tires 26x10x15.

My 904 Transmission will survive??

Thanks

I'd make sure and use steel planetary gearsets if your using nitrous cause I doubt aluminum ones would last. If it were me I'd check www.bulkpart.com for the rebuild kit. Neither of those kits say they have bushings and a rear sprague roller kit. That's a must have when building a trans IMO. If I remember right Bulkpart has a complete kit that includes all the small parts that aren't included in the kits from summit and the price is around $250

As for the converter. I've had good luck with Hughes converters but they don't usually stall as high as their rated. You can get a custom built for your car torque converter from PTC for the same price as the Hughes.

Yup, keep it basic but highly parted with the kit. Nothing fancy needed accept line pressure and nice tight tolerances. Keep that kickdown rod adjusted right!

My TorqueFlite has steel planetary gear sets .. about it will not have problems ..
a multi spring conversion kit to replace the coiled spring in front clutch is necessary ??

My TorqueFlite has steel planetary gear sets .. about it will not have problems ..
a multi spring conversion kit to replace the coiled spring in front clutch is necessary ??

the multi spring kit keeps the front clutch pac dish from dragging at high rpm....the big coil spring becomes unwound .....

I have 5 904s...they all have the spring kit....dont have problems with front clutch pacs...

replaced drum and piston ? or remove drum and piston?

compress big spring..remove snap ring...put 24 spring kit it...compress spring kit..replace snap ring..

Attachments

• IMG_0582.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 424
  • IMG_0583.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 400
  • IMG_0584.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 384
  • IMG_0586.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 370
thank you friends.. sorry .. I meant, replace drum and piston .. The 24 spring kit will work in a stock drum??

Thanks for the pictures

I want to install a shift kit ...
there is a shift performance difference TransGo TF1 and TF2 Kits ???
TF-3 is for valve body full manual ??

Thank you friend.. very good article

But my question remains the Following
KIT TF-3 be applied to automatic/manual valves body ??? (STOCK)
or TF-3 can only be applied to full manual valves body ??

or TF-3 installing the valve body automatic/manual (STOCK), reprogram full manual ??

Thank you friend.. very good article

But my question remains the Following
KIT TF-3 be applied to automatic/manual valves body ??? (STOCK)
or TF-3 can only be applied to full manual valves body ??

or TF-3 installing the valve body automatic/manual (STOCK), reprogram full manual ??

KIT TF-3 be applied to automatic/manual valves body ??? (STOCK) . No, just automatic valve body.
Will convert (stock) automatic to heavy duty automatic OR full manual , depending which parts you select to use from the TF-3 kit.

I don't run nitrous . But from what I've learned. You need a anti ballooning plate on the convertor

what the purpose of the anti ballooning ??? use nitro in converter do not have, what can happen ??

I am considering using 3000 stall, what do you think ??

Who can give me more tips to rebuild my transmission ??
would be grateful
KIT rebuild some to support higher powers ?? what do you think TCI 129000 ??

this kit is suitable for my purpose road and race?

what should I add to that KIT for improvement??

-
Back