Torsion Bar Bushing????help

-

Moto2005

Reaction score
Im rebuilding my entire 1973 duster 340 front end suspension, and ive been able to locate everything except the rubber bushings that the front of the torsion bars mount into, do they make a bushing for this or is there no bushing at all???

most kits include this lower control arm bushing. but you can get them from energy suspension, in original or Polyurethane (also hotchkis) . the original style comes with the metal caes., you probably will need a good press to get the old out and the new ones in.

and welcome to FABO

welcome to FABO. The lower control arm bushing you are talking about is also available at rockauto.com. They brand they sell is MOOG and is of great quality. I would recommend using the rubber style, NOT the poly.

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php

The one you want is MOOG part number: K791

You will have to find your car by make, year, model, then click on suspension...real easy to navigate..

I got my Moogs from Advance. They have been running some pretty good deals on the internet lately.
C

Thanks that helps alot, advance auto said they cant get one, but the part number will help me i hope

Thanks that helps alot, advance auto said they cant get one, but the part number will help me i hope

My local advance had about 8 or 10 in stock (all MOOG) so I bought them all since I have 4 front ends I'll be rebuilding this summer.

http://www.fourbarrel.com/images/frontsuspension09.jpg

it would be the bushing in the right of this picture where the torsion bar inserts
I'm collecting all the parts to rebuild my 70 Dart front end. I bought a complete kit and the bags aren't marked. Is the pic here one of a lower control arm ? I have two bushings that are larger diameter and taller than the upper control bushings, would they be the torsion bar bushings .?

Yes, that is a lower control arm. There is no such thing as a torsion bar bushing on A-bodies. There is a lower control arm bushing, however.

-
Back