Torsion bar install

-

bryan Schaupp

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
bryan Schaupp submitted a new Article:

Torsion bar install

I read a lot of conflicting information prior to changing to the 1.03 Bars.

When all said in done it was pretty easy, Here are steps I used:

1. Jack up car so front tires are off the ground and support with jack stands. remove wheel tire for easy access - picture #1
2. Loosen nut for lower...

Read more about this article here...

Good article thank you. How do the 1.03 bars ride? Harsh or just the right amount of firmness? Looking at upgrading to 0.92 bars.

Hi there Brian. I noticed in your article that you had a tool clamped to the bar to remove it and i have a book that shows a tool that looks like yours but with a handle on it to hold while hitting said tool to remove the bars. I have tried to find such a tool but no one seems to know what i am talking about. Who sells them? Where did the dealers get them? Any hint would be great.

Hi there Brian. I noticed in your article that you had a tool clamped to the bar to remove it and i have a book that shows a tool that looks like yours but with a handle on it to hold while hitting said tool to remove the bars. I have tried to find such a tool but no one seems to know what i am talking about. Who sells them? Where did the dealers get them? Any hint would be great.
I just made one out of scrap aluminum drilled hole little smaller than the torsion bar used fr or you could just put v in it if you have means.

Good article thank you. How do the 1.03 bars ride? Harsh or just the right amount of firmness? Looking at upgrading to 0.92 bars.
The ride is nice on my car not harsh at all. to the point maybe should go with even thicker but think these will be good compromise

-
Back