Torsion bar / Power Steering

-

Jason Wenger

Reaction score
So I saw this, and I was following everything up until I got to the diagram for step 5...

https://i1.wp.com/s-media-cache-ak0...e02e35fce7e9281011c--steering-facts-about.jpg
dd8c91435de3de02e35fce7e9281011c--steering-facts-about.jpg

The torsion bars on my Duster connect between the frame and the suspension arm, but they don't seem to have anything directly to do with the rack and pinion, and I can't see how to make them fit inside the valve... they're a just a little bit long, you see. Any suggestions? :)

It's not talking about the torsion bars that are in the suspension. There is a torsion bar in the valve assembly on the gear. That's what directs pressure one way or the other depending on steering input.

It's not talking about the torsion bars that are in the suspension. There is a torsion bar in the valve assembly on the gear. That's what directs pressure one way or the other depending on steering input.

The post was really about the hilariously wrong stock photo they put at the bottom of their graphic. Zoom in and take a look.
Apparently my "torsion bars are just a little too long to fit" was too subtle a joke. :)

They have the wrong pictures and they stated that the pressure determines the speed of the car. They started with steering. They went to transmision. Back to steering. And finished with the torsion bar suspension. That is a wall hanger . I will have Braun turn that into a sign for the garage up stairs.

-
Back