Torsion bar question...

-

Josh Smith

Reaction score
Ive got a 1970 Dart Swinger im restoring and ive purchased a 1975 Dart custom parts car for the v8 K-member and disk brakes. Ive never done anything with torsion bars. Can i use the ones from the 4 door 1975 dart custom. Or do i need to find some from a 70s model 2 door dart. Or will the original /6 torsion bars work? Need some advice.

A body bars are abody bars so yes you can use the 4door ones. They will be shitty though. Better off if ya have the money to pick a larger set up. 1” minimum. It makes a huge difference.

Like i said ive never messed with torsion bars and i wasnt sure if there was a big difference in them. Thanks for the info abodyjoe

Even the best factory bars are only .870, the 1” bars joe mentioned far outperform the factory bars, unless you happen onto a set of factory 892/893 bars for super cheap, I would go with the bars joe mentioned!

Even the best factory bars are only .870, the 1” bars joe mentioned far outperform the factory bars, unless you happen onto a set of factory 892/893 bars for super cheap, I would go with the bars joe mentioned!

Best factory bars are the .890" (the 894/895). We have two sets, one in my son's Dart and another set for my Barracuda. I'd rather have .920" for the Barracuda and I'd use the .890"s in my GTS, but I'm not going to spend much money at this time for bars. I really like the 1.14" bars in my older son's Barracuda fastback...

-
Back