Torsion Bar Troubles

-

kg340

Reaction score
Okay, I'm sure this has been covered, but.... 73 Duster I swapped out the k-frame, UCA, LCA, and strut rods, with all QA1 stuff. I bought Sway A Way 1.03" T-bars , how the hell do I clock these bars? I have tried it with the LCA all the way dropped, absolutely NO suspension travel, Also tried it with the LCA parallel to the ground, still no suspension travel. are these bars that stiff? or am I missing something?

My PST 1.03 bars went right in. If I remember right there were some 1.03 bars that were made that were not clocked right. Hey @PST James anything?

The first gens (circa 2010?) were not clocked (they were straight, lay them down and they would sit on a flat at each end) then PST started to clock them 20 degrees. You either have some old Gen 1 bars or something is hanging up the suspension travel. fully relax the adjuster, raise the spindle with a jack until they line up and go from there.

Can you explain what you mean by " no suspension travel"?
^^THIS^^

If they go in, if the thing sits on the ground without the arms contacting the bump stops, then there MUST be some travel. You have to roll and "jounce" the car or the tires will bind up on pavement/ concrete

You guys are talking about 2 different bars from different manufacturers. It would be helpful to see what the ride height is like when installed with the "finger" parallel to the ground.
Just to clarify, correct me if I'm wrong - PST bars were made by Sway Away at one time, but no longer. Depending your ride height preference, the bars that are not clocked and may be too low for some. Originally, the Mopar Performance bars over 1" were not clocked either. After ride height problems became apparent for some, PST decided to clock theirs 20 degrees. I don't know if there is a difference in metal composition that affects the wheel rate even if 2 bars are the same diameter.

I took the bars back out, re- adjusted the strut rods, checked for full suspension travel, re-assembled, and all seems okay now.

Okay, I'm sure this has been covered, but.... 73 Duster I swapped out the k-frame, UCA, LCA, and strut rods, with all QA1 stuff. I bought Sway A Way 1.03" T-bars , how the hell do I clock these bars? I have tried it with the LCA all the way dropped, absolutely NO suspension travel, Also tried it with the LCA parallel to the ground, still no suspension travel. are these bars that stiff? or am I missing something?

There is a difference on left and right bars. Not sure with those. I installed mine with CA hanging.

We have not had our torsion bars made by sway away. We use a forge in the Midwest for our bars and had them engineered by AR Engineering. Are the bars that you bought from sway away clocked or zero clocking? ( meaning when laying them on a flat surface the bars sit flat) What is your ride height now?

Thanks
James

-
Back