Torsion bars

-

mopardemon340

Reaction score
72 dart original 340 with a 408 stroker now. The torsion bars are also original. No idea of the dia but I would like to replace them. What size should I use. This is mostly a street car but also set up for strip.

I used Firm Feel's bars, called them and they suggested which ones. I have no issues with the bars and it rides well.

depends how much you use it at the strip and how concerned you are with every hundredth of a second at the track...

if you want the best possible times at the track them throw some 6cyl bars up front

if you are more worried about it being a street car then throw at the minimum a set of 1" bars in.

Mostly worried about road driving. only hit tge track once a year or so if we have time

Mostly worried about road driving. only hit tge track once a year or so if we have time

Yup, I agree with joe. I would go 1” or larger. PST sells 1.03” torsion bars, they also have a FABO member discount if you call them up. A lot of people here l run them and are happy with them.

As a side note though, you’ll also want to run them with good shocks. Bilstein RCD’s or similar. If you run 1” or larger bars with KYB’s your ride quality will suffer.

Yup, I agree with joe. I would go 1” or larger. PST sells 1.03” torsion bars, they also have a FABO member discount if you call them up. A lot of people here l run them and are happy with them.

As a side note though, you’ll also want to run them with good shocks. Bilstein RCD’s or similar. If you run 1” or larger bars with KYB’s your ride quality will suffer.
I got cal track shocks all around on the car

I got cal track shocks all around on the car

Correct me if I’m wrong but those are usually a drag racing shock. If that’s the case it’s unlikely they’ll work well with the the larger bars up front, as the front shocks will have been designed for a much smaller torsion bar since typically that’s what’s used on cars set up for drag racing. If th focus is now better handling on the street, those probably won’t be ideal.

-
Back