Totaled 2007 hemi charger value

-

Penstarpurist

Reaction score
Saw an ad for a 2007 charger that was rolled and totaled. It's got approximately 135,000 miles on it. 5.7 hemi with I'm assuming an automatic transmission. The ad doesn't specify. Says it still starts and runs strong. There asking $1500 for the entire car. I don't have an immediate project to use the drivetrain in, but wouldn't mind having it as a ready to go donor for whatever I come up with. I know the early 5.7 hemi has its share of inherent issues, the car is complete, what do you think it's worth? The ad does say obo, and the car is located 4.5 hours each way from me.
00h0h_8qc07j5EdeP_600x450.jpg
00H0H_3gPfq1IR13J_600x450.jpg

I would want verifiable video of the car running before I even set foot out the door. If they can break rods hydraulicing on water, they'll sure as hell do it with oil from the rollover. With the negatives out of the way, if everything checks out ok, I'd kick em in the nuts at half price. If you would use the engine/trans for a project, there's a laundry list of donor parts you'll need to use the trans. Cavet emptor.

He said he can provide video of it running. I was thinking the same thing at offering around half what he's asking. I will hit him up and see if I can get the video proof it runs, isnt smoking like a chimney, any knocks or anything. And see if I can get it on my trailer this weekend and brought home.

Bearings can be damaged if it's a roll over and ran for any certain amount of time.

I've been really doing alot of thinking on it. Its certainly a gamble. If I can get it at the right price, it would be worth it no doubt to get it pulled out of the car and pop the oil pan off and look at a couple of the bearings and verify it is a drop in ready to go project car drivetrain. That said, with the high miles on it, might be better to replace all the bearings in it while its on an engine stand and then just know its a good engine. The car looks like it rolled several times in the accident and beyond the drivetrain and maybe some interior pieces nothing else is able to be parted out and sold to recoup some of the cash. And theres no interior pics beyond the cluster. It could all be worn out and trashed. As its a four door, it could have been a family car with kids eating and spilling drinks in there. Lol, mine always did when they were younger. Heck, there adults and still leave food wrappers and half drank sodas all over anytime their in our cars.

Yes hear it run or at least crank over. If nothing is broken on the engine it should be good. I partnered with a friend and bought a wrecked SRT 8 Challenger. The sump of the oil pan was broken off. As soon as the air bags go off the fuel pump and ignition shut off so we were fairly certain no major damage was done.

003a (2).JPG

015 (2).JPG

Good looking car, looks exactly like our 08 srt8. Love that car, smiles every time we drive it. My wife just bought a 2020 kia soul x-line, so now the srt8 gets alot less miles wracked up on it. Which I am very happy about, because the challenger was her daily driver which was on track for 15k miles a year. Who cares how many miles a year the Kia gets. Knowing the fuel and oil pump cut off on rollover shutting the engine down makes me feel better about this, I think I am going to have to get the video of it running. And if that looks good and I can drive it onto my trailer and off into my shop its a must buy item. Thanks toolmanmike for that info. Hope your loving that 6.1 hemi challenger. I know you must be.

Hit them up for 1/2.... I just bought this 07 R/T for $3,000 with 76,000 miles...runs great

DB2E6487-5F10-4195-9BBF-FB306F4FBA90.jpeg

FD3D2218-4C57-41CC-939B-4F1CF66F1E76.jpeg

Wow. That is a great deal. And despite the damage is a really clean looking car. I am waiting to hear back from him, he seems slow to respond to any questions.

If it's been totaled through an insurance company, that information should be available. I would not pay anymore than what the insurance company was willing to pay. While it seems like a good deal, it may not be.

Looks like it is time to research on this and find out some good need to know info. Thanks for letting me know Rustyratrod, I didn't know this.
If it's been totaled through an insurance company, that information should be available. I would not pay anymore than what the insurance company was willing to pay. While it seems like a good deal, it may not be.

-
Back