touch-up paint question

-

DrillNFill

Reaction score
Hi all
I ordered a few bottles of touchup paint from Paintscratch.com. The colors look like theyre at least "in the ballpark" (I haven't tested them yet) but the paint for my '70 Dart seems awfully thin. Its much thinner then the 2 metallic colors I ordered for my chevy (sorry). The receipt says right on it "K-5 Dark Burnt Orange Irid".
Is FK5 supposed to be a thinner paint requiring more coats? Its quite thin. I just bought a small bottle to touch up some small chips, along with primer and clearcoat bottles. Just want to know if they messed up the bottle or if its supposed to be this thin. Thanks in advance =)
Dart trunk 1.jpg

Did you get your Chevy touch up from the same company?

I've found that legitimate mixed touch up paint is thinner than the stuff you can buy off the shelf.

Did you get your Chevy touch up from the same company?

I've found that legitimate mixed touch up paint is thinner than the stuff you can buy off the shelf.

Yep all from the same place. They're base coat only with a separate gloss clear coat. The Dark Burnt Orange just seems much thinner than the other two colors.

Try automotivetouchuppaint.com

I have bought several cans from them, matched incredible. B5 and B7 lie for me

Good luck

Finally got around to try some of the spray touch-up paint from paintscratch.com yesterday. I bought paint for both my Dart and my old Chevy, and I used their spray primer, mixed paint, and clearcoat to paint the abs plastic "bumper filler" that hangs between the rear fender and the rear bumper. (Factory was urethane panels that have disintegrated and fallen off after 32 years).

Sprayed 2 coats of primer, 2 coats of color basecoat, and 2 coats of clear. I'm a rank amateur with spraying car panels but I'm very pleased with the results. The paint itself is beautiful with the correct amount of metallic, and looks very deep and rich. The photos dont really do it justice. Their website suggests waiting three days after clearcoat to use polishing compound to let it shine properly, but just sprayed out it looks great. I think the color itself might be a hair lighter, and a third coat of basecoat would have been perfect (I noticed it got darker with the second coat) but its on a separate body panel and a little recessed/hidden, so its not as critical to me. Very happy with it.

chevbumper1.jpg

chevbumper2.png

chevbumper3.jpg

Hopefully this weekend I'll man up enough to use the thin bottle paint on the Dart. Ill give an update if anyone's interested. Just wanted to pass on the info about the product from Paint Scratch.

-
Back