tq conv clearance

-

Jc Armstrong

Reaction score
i'm having a bushing made to use the small 1.550" tq conv snout in a 1.810" crankshaft opening and i am unable to find the factory spec for the clearance between the opening and snout .

I sold the OP a crank adapter bushing for the 318 engine to use the 65 Trans. To the best of my knowledge the two crank pocket sizes, were 1.81 and 1.55
He says his crank pocket is 1.77
Anyone have any insite on this?
PS: Suposed to be a 67 318 truck engine

leonard is texas , 40 miles south of the red river and 70 miles ne of dallas . i still have the 273 ( cast date 67 and has 0.030 pistons)

# 6 cylinder had signs of water in cylinder

I sold the OP a crank adapter bushing for the 318 engine to use the 65 Trans. To the best of my knowledge the two crank pocket sizes, were 1.81 and 1.55
He says his crank pocket is 1.77
Anyone have any insite on this?
PS: Suposed to be a 67 318 truck engine
The information I have out of my converter catalog:
904 -> 1960 -1968 --- Pilot size 1.550" Although there is also a listing for 1968 - 1972 also with the small pilot. Must be rarity as I don't recall ever being asked for the later converter with a small pilot. Maybe some oddball AMC or International? Torqueflites used in many other applications. Heck there is even a 904 with a GM bolt pattern.
1968 -on ---Pilot size 1.810"
As far as the 1.77" pilot hole ... Maybe one for a standard transmission?

I talked to the OP on the phone, and he sent me some pictures. The crank Has a standard shift pilot bushing installed. The centering flange/ring for the flywheel/flexplate is the late/large diameter. It looks like it is the late crank, but he converter pilot hole was not finish reamed. Never ran into this before. Have seen the standard shift pilot bushing hole not be finish reamed. Go figure. Something new to watch for, particuly on a 67-68 crank

-
Back