[SOLD] Tractin bars

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't - and you shouldn't - there are better ways to get traction in a leaf spring car! I have actually read that traction bars hurt performance. Lower it and add a pinion snubber if you don't want to spend a bunch of $$

I have a bolt on set of lakewoods , nice shape, can get pics if interested

I am just trying to get a better grab, Have the snubber, maybe an adjustable one? Also kind of want them for the old school look.

If you are using an 8.75, don't use slapper bars unless you plan on bracing the housing.
A pinion snubber stops rotation without putting any stress on the housing, while traction bars put 100% of it on the housing. If the car hooks and has any power at all, you will distort the housing.

as a side note.... anyone ever see a car with traction bars downshift too hard and dig the bars into the pavement?

traction bars are a no go on a mopar because of the position of the diff on the springs(more toward the front and not centered). you can try to take the spring clamps off the back of the springs behind the diff. tried it on a few cars and it seemed to help out a bunch!

But I don't have the gabriel skyjackers to pair them with. Lol

That's funny. I was bein serious though. If you want to get rid of them, that's a thought. GM cars have the spring plates at different angles so traction bars work good on them. I had some on a big block 69 Nova and I could make that car dig holes in asphalt when it left. Literally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back