-

63TOAD

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I just installed a RVB 904 in my 66 Valiant.Everything is NEW
CRT transmission. John is NOT available until Mon to ask for
proper break in. What are your thoughts? Just have to finish
plumbing the cooler and want to try it out before Monday.

If I was to guess, I would say a few easy passes and then let her rip.

the last time i had a 727 gone through, the only break-in limitation i got was not to come back in the middle of the night and do a big smokey burn out in front of his house.
apparently there had been issues :lol:

That's how you know you are building it right, nothing like a satisfied customer!

Break it in like you are going to drive it!!
It's only new at fire up they only wear out from that point on.

By time I fill the transmission, run it through the gears on my jackstands a few times, add more fluid if needed, run it through the gears again, hopefully it’s topped off by now but I check the level then I load it up in my trailer, unload at the track and drive through the pits, check for leaks and if all is well beat the living piss out of it.

^^^just like said make sure it's topped off warmed up topped off correctly shifting right and then let it rip...:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Actually all joking aside if you paid a bunch of money for this transmission and it has some big warranty you might want to call them and make sure you're doing everything right. They look for any excuse to make.a warranty invalid. My last rebuild was $120 for parts so I I filled it up took her to the track and let it rip...

-
Back