Tranny and gear swap done !

-

AdamR

Big Member
Reaction score
Man this thing hauls *** now ! Big differance from the 727, 10" converter and 3.23s to the low geared 904, 8" converter and 3.91s. The converter isnt anyweres as loose as I was expecting it to be on the street.

It pulls hard and shifts fast. Those M/T drag radials are still griping the street though. I also swapped the poor running Holley 650 main body to a Proform body. It now now flows 830cfm. The carb runs alot smoother but it will burn your eyes out at idle.

nice work! did it take anything special to put the carb togheter with that proform mainbody? have looked at those for a while :)

Nope. Just take the old main body off and bolt the new one on. You'll need a new aircleaner stud though. Its a bigger diameter.

AdamR said:
It now now flows 830cfm. The carb runs alot smoother but it will burn your eyes out at idle.

I have to start mine and get it out of the garage pronto. But its worth it.
Glad you solved your problem.

Wait till people start yelling when they are behind you at a traffic light.:mrgreen:

Yeah its smokes a bit too. I think I swapped the wrong air bleeds. I'll take a look at it later

ok seems like an easy 180 cfm extra! hope you get it tuned properly soon!

Its getting there. No smoke at idle but its not running as clean part throttle. I was told they dont work well with the 650's metering blocks. I also did a web search and find 90% of the people having problems with them are running them on 650's.

I did get a chance to hammer on the car good tonight. I cant get these M/Ts to spin at all. They hook hard !

-
Back