Trans cooler question

-

Jmac81d

Reaction score
Hi, just purchased a B&M Super Cooler 10x7, can this trans cooler cool a 727 by itself, or should I run it in conjunction with the stock radiator cooler.

What Mrmopartech said. I've run that same cooler, hooked up as stated, first with a 904/318 combo and for the past 15 years a 727 and warmed over 360 in a 66 Valiant. I've driven this thing across Canada twice towing a fairly heavy utility trailer, and have never had any overheating problems. I have it mounted about 4" in front of the stock 273 radiator.

Thanks for the reply, I have a high stall converter and the car will be street driven. I was told that this converter driven on the street will generate a lot of heat and could cause the motor to run hotter than it normally would.
It was suggested to me to isolate the trans cooler away from the stock radiator. TCI reccomends this also.
I was just wondering what everyone else is doing rearding this subject.
Thanks for your input

If you can locate the tranny cooler some where out of the way of the rad,as long as you run it the way I said,even better,that way you are not trying to cool the engine rad with hot air off of the tranny cooler,mrmopartech

-
Back