Trans Cooler

-

scatpakman

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Ok fellow Mopar lovers, I'm looking for pictures of your aftermarket trans cooler installs. My high stall converter is going to generate some heat, so I purchased an auxiliary cooler with fans. Looking for creative install locations.

I had one for many years. Strapped through the front of the radiator with pass through ties through the radiator and lines cut through the core support. I blew them off on resto and repaired the damage. New period correct radiator and not wanting to do the same. Still have a 9” converter in the car and just regulate and change the fluid often. No strip use anymore for me.

If you add a fan to it it does not need to be in a air stream to work, and don't forget the back end of the car, there might be a spot near bumper and fuel tank to mount.

I just saw a fan cooled trans cooler for sale on craigs list (I think )here in northern Colorado, or orange county or Los angles CA, that's where I was looking yesterday.

Not an A-body, but mine is bolted under the hood latch panel.
48DCE4FF-30AB-4D92-8CB5-6CB1410F2DE5.jpeg

Here's what I'll be installing. Can I install this anywhere and where would you guys install it?

Trans Cooler.jpg

Just remember, make sure the fluid flow direction is in at the top, and return to trans at the bottom. I had it backwards on a computer liquid cooling system and destroyed a CPU.
Thanks Ottmundr!

I'm having surgery tomorrow for tennis elbow, of all things! Got the dart out for a short drive one last time, because itll be a few weeks before I can drive a 4 speed again. Winter is coming fast, and I never drive on a wet road, so it may be spring before I get it out again.

20191122_140300.jpg

I am a firm believer in lines that are as short as possible, and other than that a fan cooled system can go about anywhere it can get cool air and exhaust the hot air.
Saw one that they cut a hole in the trunk floor for it to exhaust under the car and mounted it laying down flat.
I don't think I would go that far with it, but to each his own.

-
Back