Trans-go TF-3 kit question

-

fishy68

Tyr Fryr's Inc.
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to rebuild my trans. (727) for my Cuda and will install a shift kit. I see the Trans-go TF-3 converts to full manual valve body but I can't find anything anywhere that says if it still applies the band in low. Does anybody know?
I don't want something without low gear band apply by the looks of that one picture of the one that exploded.

Thanks, Tracy

Hi Tracy,

The TF-3 kit does apply the low/reverse band in 1st gear.

Good luck with your 727 build, let us know if you have any more questions! :salut:

Duster346 said:
Hi Tracy,

Good luck with your 727 build, let us know if you have any more questions! :salut:

is there anything that makes the TF3 kit better than the TF2 when it comes to reliabilty from the transmission?
i´m running a TF2kit in my 904 and dont realy like to shift up and down all the time... :?

duster340 said:
Duster346 said:
Hi Tracy,

is there anything that makes the TF3 kit better than the TF2 when it comes to reliabilty from the transmission?
i´m running a TF2kit in my 904 and dont realy like to shift up and down all the time... :?

Do you have a TF2 or a TF3 kit? The TF2 isn't a full manual, so I am a little confused by this. In terms of reliablity in my opinion there is no difference between the two. Both kits are designed to keep shift overlap to a minimum. Hope this helps.

Duster346 said:
duster340 said:
Duster346 said:
Hi Tracy,

Do you have a TF2 or a TF3 kit? The TF2 isn't a full manual, so I am a little confused by this. In terms of reliablity in my opinion there is no difference between the two. Both kits are designed to keep shift overlap to a minimum. Hope this helps.

sorry my english writing is not the best, i have the TF2 kit now and it shifts realy beutiful from my point of view :) what i ment was that i have been thinking of putting the TF3kit in there insted if it could be worth anything so save that little 904 gearbox from blowing up behind my HOT 340 engine.. Thanks a lot for the advice! :thumrigh: my other 904 gave up last summer when racing a chevynova that is a real 11second streetcar and it felt realy bad not being able to beat hem beacause the gearbox died.. jsut dont want it to happen again!

I think the TF-2 will work just fine for you. With the TF-3 you will have to shift all the time.

Duster346 said:
Hi Tracy,

:thumleft: Thanks alot Chris. Tracy

AdamR said:
I think the TF-2 will work just fine for you. With the TF-3 you will have to shift all the time.

I second that...the TF-3 is nothing more than an add on kit to the TF-2 that renders the tranny full manual. The TF-2 is part of the TF-3 kit...you install everything for the TF-2, then add the TF-3 stuff and walla, you have full manual. I ditched my TF-3 because I think the builder screwed up when he installed it and it never worked right for me. I had a different builder ditch the TF-3 stuff and I went strictly with the TF-2 and love it. The only thing I despise is the damn kickdown linkage...

Hotwheelsjr said:
AdamR said:

I second that...the TF-3 is nothing more than an add on kit to the TF-2 that renders the tranny full manual. The TF-2 is part of the TF-3 kit...you install everything for the TF-2, then add the TF-3 stuff and walla, you have full manual. I ditched my TF-3 because I think the builder screwed up when he installed it and it never worked right for me. I had a different builder ditch the TF-3 stuff and I went strictly with the TF-2 and love it. The only thing I despise is the damn kickdown linkage...

ok then iu just rebuild my blown transmission and keep the TF2 kit that works so good for me! i agree about the kickdown linkage ut givs me lots of trouble but i am working on some kind of way to make it work bettter!

-
Back