trans leak fixed...

-

abodyjoe

Reaction score
damn dart had a bad trans leak when ya shut it off. finally got a good look where it was coming from the other day. coming from around the dipstick tube...

i put this style ( Link )in at the time i did the motor/trans swap because i didn't have a stock one laying around and hadn't seen any for sale at the time.. figured what the hell its new and should be ok and it was for about 4.5 years....

this is what i found when i pulled it out (see below). lucily i found a stock 904 set up here for sale a few weeks ago. painted it up and installed a new O-ring slid it in and tada no more leak...:) i was dreading the job. that bolt is usually so hard to get to but someone was smiling on me today and it took all of 10 minutes..lol

dipstick.jpg

I can’t imagine how that many rocks got into your pan. :rofl:

It’s always a good feeling when this old stuff is better than the new. Good job.

There was a racer at the SGMP race last year that had the same problem with the same style tube & seal. I'm glad he saw it & fixed it before he tried to make a pass, it could have been a disaster with transmission fluid under the back tire.

-
Back