trans linkage

-

383Scampman

Reaction score
Hi guys , I have a '72 Scamp , 383-727 . engine and trans are new . Trans won't shift to 3rd. In neutral, the car will start but it will be in gear . shifter won't go into low . I have a column shifter and I would like to keep it . The shift linkage is cobbled up stuff . Does anyone have any suggestions OR where I can get the correct linkage system . Thank you in advance , Tom

Surprised no one with knowledge on the subject has replied.
I'm thinking someone makes these parts for big block Darts. Otherwise, you gotta fab. your own.
Perhaps Bill Rolik Enterprises or Mega Parts USA.

Hi Kim , I don't have the computer skills to send pics . to answer your question :no. It was 318/904/8 1/4 with p.s.,p.d.b., A/C . I donated the teener/904 to a charity and used Schumacher mounts and it's a tight squeeze . F3 body with F8 vinal top , bench in f3/f8 . Took me 18 years to finish and I want to drive it . To answer iScamp , e-bay has the complete system but the price is stupid . Just thought someone had it kicking around that are willing to part with . Lokar is supposedly making a cable shifter but it's not on their website . Thanks , Tom

well get under there and make it work .start by unhooking the linkage at the column while in nuetral. put the trans shift lever in nuetral . tighten it up, find out where it's binding if it is. have a helper go through the gears while you watch what's happening. as long as you have a 3 speed Mopar trans and column , there's no reason you can't make it work.

-
Back