Transbrake/launch control button

-

1994redram

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am wanting to put a button on my steering wheel to control the launch Rev limiter on my Sniper EFI. My Dart is a full interior streetcar that sees the track a few times a year. I have a factory Tuff wheel in my car and I would prefer not to damage it by drilling holes. It's looking like that is the only sure solution.

Do you guys have any tips or tricks on how to mount one up?

We used the horn wire with a "Line Lock or Horn" switch.
Flip the switch at the track and the horn button is the line lock.

Sometimes you just have to put your engineer cap on sitting behind the wheel. Only you will know where it will feel comfortable. I remember seeing a car with two roll control buttons. One on the front of the shifter for roll control and one low on the side for the trans brake. Don't put it anywhere where you can accidentally hit it during the run . Also as stated above hook the trans brake to a kill switch for street driving

I put my 2-step button on my steering wheel last year.....not really liking it. Don't get me wrong, I love the location of it when I'm racing, but turning gets the cord stuck in the wheel sometimes...and the cord hits the turn indicator ALL THE FREAKING TIME.....not a fan. I think I'm probably going to move my button somewhere else.

My transbtake and line lock button are on the rear side of my shifter housing. Didn’t want to have to deal with cords wrapped around the steering column on the street.

-
Back