Transgo TF2 on a 904 is not shifting

-
But mine entered pretty easy...something is not correct... mine TC is from a Cherokee...
Does your Jeep converter have a ring gear on it? The reason I ask, the spline count can be different. Also, look at the body of the converter and there should be typically 3 numbers stamped into it. If you can get me those, I can tell you more about the converter.

Does your Jeep converter have a ring gear on it? The reason I ask, the spline count can be different. Also, look at the body of the converter and there should be typically 3 numbers stamped into it. If you can get me those, I can tell you more about the converter.
They are on the back of it? Or do I have to take it off?

They are on the hub side(what is called the rear) of the converter. As strange as it may sound, the flywheel side of a converter is called the front.
Im your experience what can occur if I'm using the incorrect type of TC? The car is going front reward looks like ok... the only issue is that is stuck on the first...

Im your experience what can occur if I'm using the incorrect type of TC? The car is going front reward looks like ok... the only issue is that is stuck on the first...
I'm just trying to figure out what converter you have. Others have mentioned the problems that can be encountered with the wrong converter. If you remove it, get the three numbers off the converter and from that series of numbers (typically 3) I can tell you what it was originally used for.

We opened the valve body and we saw that we grind Gov valve wrong
Can be the problem?
15576034219768554679319555506289.jpg

We changed the gov 12 valve as the picture.. we saw that the valve was tight... we sanded it a little bit... and it entered.. on the lift the car changed from 1st to 2nd and to 3rd... after some tests it stops to go forward... reverse always engages.. but forward nothing occurs in drive and 2nd or 1st.
Before of valve change... it was engaging normally 1st gear...
Something came on my mind... maybe the valve is still tight then when starts getting hot it is expanding and getting stucked? This could cause the car stays stooped on drive?

Sometimes valves stick when they get hot because the fluid thins down. Other times valves stick cold and free up hot because the aluminum valve body expands. Use polishing compound to clean a sticking valve. It's not the valve; it's the bore. Scratches make it smaller by particles gouging furrows into the aluminum. I think you put a spring on the wrong side of a valve somewhere. Post pics of your valve body disassembles.

-
Back