Transmission lines

-

Jim Kueneman

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I think I blew it. I ordered new 904 lines for a '63 Dart but I received 3 lines. The 170 was replaced with a '68 225 truck engine and I am not sure about the transmission, it was still a trunion and push button. The '63's had external filters didn't they, that is why I got 3 lines.... When did they go away from this and just ran the lines from the radiator to the transmission?

"...On a automatic Mopars before 1964, the canister filter is clamped to the engine block right at the level of the oil pan rail, a little ahead of the starter motor, with the transmission fluid cooler pipes threaded into (on one end) and onto (on the other end) the filter can..."

63 Dart /6 transmission line routing

Last edited:
You can run a 65 pan & filter. There is a link on how to do it in the transmission forum. Just do a search.

Lookit here before you decide how to handle the filter issue. And hope whoever put that '68-or-later motor in front of your '67-or-earlier transmission knew you need a spacer ring to take up the space between the later large crank flange counterbore and the earlier small torque converter nose.

As for transmission lines…as Bill the Cat used to say, Ackthpth.

Lookit here before you decide how to handle the filter issue. And hope whoever put that '68-or-later motor in front of your '67-or-earlier transmission knew you need a spacer ring to take up the space between the later large crank flange counterbore and the earlier small torque converter nose.

As for transmission lines…as Bill the Cat used to say, Ackthpth.
Yea they measured out to the same size. I was a bit perplexed unless the converter was special made. I warned my transmission man I wanted THAT torque converter rebuilt since it was correct and worked

Last edited:
-
Back