Transmission tie up?

-

DRENO

Reaction score
I was told this is what my problem is. I have a reverse manual valve body 727 trans. When I shift from 1st to 2nd the car wants to nose dive or dip down initially before it goes,almost like temporarily stepping on the brake, 2nd to 3rd is fine. Installed a new shifter cable,old one was stretched and rusted, but still have the same problem. When the car is cold the problem is extreme and the car really noses down, not nearly as bad when the trans is warmer, but still there. Any thoughts?

What valve body exactly, and do you have / did you read the destructions?

There is normally a couple of adjustments you must make.

Did it EVER work? Did it work OK before you installed the RM valve?

Might be as simple as the front band adjustment being too tight.

Was the apply lever for the front band changed?

Hay !! Get back here bud !! Good to hear from you this morning ! I am an early riser so :welcome: back

I had a servo snap ring let go, would go from 1st to near stopped then back to 1st. I never got past second gear.the cap being loose allowed more band apply pressure as the spring was no longer working against pressure. Checking band adjustment as mentioned may be a good first step.

What your describing is shift overlap and it's very detrimental to a trans. Run it like that much and you'll be yanking the trans out for a rebuild. As 67Dart273 asked, did you follow the instructions when installing it? Most manual VB's require changing the front band apply lever to a specific lever. And if the rear servo still has the inner spring in it that could very well be the problem. It causes the rear band to release to slow

-
Back