kinda hard to fix this...

0930121437.jpg

0930121437a.jpg

0930121437b.jpg

0930121437c.jpg

0930121437d.jpg

0930121450.jpg

0930121450a.jpg

I bet he can do it.. seal the back so moisture will stay out of your work with a good sealer.

You can do it :cheers:

You can do it-little hammer and dolly work and you are in!!! I bought a little old lady's car in Delhi-must have had the same bodyman1/2 inch holes and screen wire inside the panel.

sorry for the TINY pictures, off my poor old phone, too poor for a smart phone. lol...yes, the previous owner was ruff on this car. had a hard life thats for sure. it was hit by a drunk driver on that side, and hit by another car on the drivers front fender...so, im trying to fix the ugliness....big holes, creases, rust through, ugly...

I bet he can do it.. seal the back so moisture will stay out of your work with a good sealer.
You can do it :cheers:

thanks memike! im having my friend help me who knows a thing or 2 about body work..with a fork lift, we have a hole drilled in one of the forks, with a ball hitch, and we put it under the quarter panel and backed the fork lift up to pull the rolled quarter panel out. LOL

Ouch! Hope ,this isn't the 318 runner.

yes, it is my 318 runner...LOL oh well, i just wanna make it look better than what it did..lol

u can either get a new patch panel for that. or just a a whole quarter panel. would look alot better. less work than tryin to save this one.it looks beyond savable the botttom does.

Yes...the whole thing is junk...I ended up gettin an AMD patch panel...I didn't know they made em for a 2nd gen cuda. Its a real nice piece, good quality, and should make this much easier...

I should have it welded in place in a few weeks, got other things to do at the moment.

IMG_8153.jpg

IMG_8156.jpg

IMG_8154.jpg

Now just take your time welding it in, or you will warp it big time, and end up with as much mud as you would have fixing the old area! Weld slowly and be patient.

Does that panel wrap all the way around to the factory seam?

The quarter patch panels I got from Auto Body Specialities for my 65 Dart are a few inches short. Pain in the @$$.

Spot weld it in slow and wide apart
( at least 10'' apart ) then go back to the first spot and do another spot by it and move to the second one and so on.
Looks good and remember to seal it good in the back so moisture will not enter from there :smile: Congratulations :cheers:

-
Back