Tree stump removal

-

Big Dad

Reaction score
I have a big one to get rid of something soon, don't think this tool would work but, it is cool for smaller ones

Mine

suntea.jpg

That's pretty awesome

I usually cut them level with the ground with a chainsaw and call it good

I knew a guy that dug and chopped those large stumps out.
He was an animal and only charged a 100 or so bucks 10 years ago.
He now owns the largest tree service in the area and has several large grinders now. I think he retired the axe and shovel. I hope.

I’ve seen those type (Fecon) in action. They’ll eat any stump. I have a Baumalight on my tractor.

CCBC8943-11BD-40C5-AA5E-7EF462C40490.jpeg

107A76BC-F039-4C94-AF18-86C70A9B4F39.jpeg

I'm going to state the obvious and say to call a tree service. I've had big ones like that "stumped" before.
tree service took tree down and left me the stump , it was a huge 85 foot Maple that was dangerous , too close to house and my yard has limited access , need something small to get in

tree2.jpg

Check with the tree service companies in your area, most of them have walk behind stump grinders to gett into limited space areas.

I do property maintenance. Grinding the stump is good for short term but you will always be chasing it with more fill as it rots and sinks… Best way is to dig them out and back fill. Then you don’t have to worry about it.. Just dug these out with a backhoe and another with my JD… The big stump had to get some top soil as that was just roughly graded now waiting for spring to get some seed growing..

7FAB403E-49D2-415A-A65E-7CC0451C6BE8.jpeg

3D53EF97-9FB0-4AC6-A488-418C6338D7EF.jpeg

C2BCDDB0-31CD-4779-9F23-7C30B30FB014.jpeg

F3C940C8-8628-43E4-A2FE-EDFD9BB5AE12.jpeg

The machine that Jim posted a pic of in reply #5 above is pretty small. We had a tree cut down at the beach, and that is what the dude brought and ground the stump with. The machine bends in the middle if I remember correctly, so it can twist into some fairly tight spots.

Oh yeah....bought the finest Coleman tent available at the time!
:rofl:
It's a little tin condo actually. Park model camper set up like a mini mobile home. 1500 feet from the ocean in a huge campground in Myrtle Beach.

If it's an old stump, place leftover charcoal from a cookout on the stump, and cover. It'll burn roots and all.

tree service took tree down and left me the stump , it was a huge 85 foot Maple that was dangerous , too close to house and my yard has limited access , need something small to get in

View attachment 1716063510
They have a stump grinder that will go in a gate. Them things don't make saw dust, they throw Lil chunks! And skip the tree service, call an Independent Stump Grinder. It will probably cost less.

One of my ash trees:that I took out when I cut down the tree.

Used the truck to Rock it to find the roots and a friend use his bobcat backhoe and break the roots.

20220929_094116.jpg

A big olive tree stump that I took out in 2015, I dug all the way under it with a digging bar and shovel, then hooked my cherry picker to it and cut off all the roots with a chainsaw.
20150425_095125.jpg

Found half of a motorcycle
Tire under it.

IMG_0453.JPG

City tree, roots were getting into our foundation, sidewalk was raised over a foot... Took pver a year & threatening a lawsuit to get permission to remove it.... We had USA underground services verify there wasn't supposed to be anything to worry about... Unfortunately their maps didn't show the TV main trunk cable that had been relocated to bypass a problem... Apparently before our house was built the house across the street were already in place... That cable ran through their yards & something wasn't good... Well that side of the street was all landscaped & our side was bare property and soon to have new houses... So they jogged around the problem & forgot to note it on the map...

-
Back