Trick Flow 240 Intake Pushrod Hole Clearance ???

-

PROSTOCKTOM

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the intake pushrod holes are drilled or if they are cast in the heads? Edelbrock drills theirs and I wondered how TFS did theirs.

Thanks,
Tom

Not sure if it answers your question exactly, but the holes are oval-shaped. I have plenty of clearance with 3/8" rods.

I am wanting to know because I've welded that area on Edelbrock's in the past. I tried to get Edelbrock to sell me a set of head without those holes drilled, but the new ownership has no interest in helping me and I even have a friend that works there. So I figured rather than welding I would see how Trick Flow did theirs. The idea was if they are drilled maybe TFS would sell me a pair without the holes drilled. That's why I am interested in how they addressed their holes.

Tom

Got a set of 240s on the shelf, checked just for you. Oval milled, with a 1/2" end mill, cut .680" long.

Got a set of 240s on the shelf, checked just for you. Oval milled, with a 1/2" end mill, cut .680" long.

Thank you that's what I needed to know. Now I just need to convince TFS to sell me a set and not drill those holes.

Thanks,
Tom

Last edited:

Thanks! How much minimum clearance you need for pushrods? If I were to use 7/16 PRs that would mean only 1/32 on each side (1/16 total)..

-
Back