Trick Flow heads

-

70dart340

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
The new Mopar Action magazine has an article about the new Trick Flow Powerport 190 aluminum heads for small block Mopars. Is it true? I've been waiting for 9 months for these heads for my 408 stroker. Can anyone verify this? I'd love for Brian at IMM to be the first to prep a set for me. I'd be honored to be his Guinea pig for a set of these heads. Brian, are you listening? Paul.

Last edited:
They are not out yet, suppose to be in March, now. I too have been waiting for a set. I just hope they met the hype they have created.
Wait and see.

The new Mopar Action magazine has an article about the new Trick Flow Powerport 190 aluminum heads for small block Mopars. Is it true? I've been waiting for 9 months for these heads for my 408 stroker. Can anyone verify this? I'd love for Brian at IMM to be the first to prep a set for me. I'd be honored to be his Guinea pig for a set of these heads. Brian, are you listening? Paul.
it'll probably end up like the big block heads. Released them but couldnt get enough supply to meet the demand at release and it took MONTHS after they were released to be readily available

Got sick I've waiting and ended buying some thing else wanted to drive the car not look at it.

Got sick I've waiting and ended buying some thing else wanted to drive the car not look at it.

You should try ordering a milodon oil pick up? Ordered 3 separate times from different vendors. They all get cancelled, no one has an ETA. Tom @ Milodon has told me 1 month out on 3 different occasions. It's a never ending run around. Yet I bought the pan without issues? How do you produce more oil pans than pickups for the same application?

You should try ordering a milodon oil pick up? Ordered 3 separate times from different vendors. They all get cancelled, no one has an ETA. Tom @ Milodon has told me 1 month out on 3 different occasions. It's a never ending run around. Yet I bought the pan without issues? How do you produce more oil pans than pickups for the same application?
Every time the word milodon comes up and oil pan I just cringe! Don't have anything nice to say..

????? Didn’t even look just replied ???

Make that 2 lol.... I keep reading that ththe heads will rewrite the small block mopar and there is heavy anticipation.... I would je circuri they fare against a set of used Eddy's bought right and then sent to Modern Cylinder for a tune up.

I will just about bet a hotdog the Eddy's will beat em in flow and total price....

JW

Make that 2 lol.... I keep reading that ththe heads will rewrite the small block mopar and there is heavy anticipation.... I would je circuri they fare against a set of used Eddy's bought right and then sent to Modern Cylinder for a tune up.

I will just about bet a hotdog the Eddy's will beat em in flow and total price....

JW
I’d be leery about that. While the Eddy RPMs are nice and I have a set, the Trickflow Big Block heads out of the box compared to the Eddy RPMs, are out performing then from most of the data I’ve seen. If they can duplicate that success with their small block heads, I’ll be impressed to say the least

Was wondering the same thing !

What pick up are u wanting ?
My pickup is in place. It's working fine. It wasn't without adjustment grinding banging and so forth. My milodon oil pan had a leak from Factory. this really upset me because it went onto my new Stroker motor and at the time I was able to have the motor upside down and make sure everything fit nice and do said adjustments to the pickup tube and then to have everything finally all put together motor broken in and have it leak! Then to call milodon and have them say oh no not again! Where in California and now we can only check with water instead of its insolvent like we used to. Not only does my formerly new pan have J-B Weld and the right stuff to plug up the factory hole but also had to cut a big triangle out of my K frame which was not mentioned and my driver side header pretty much touches it. I can tell you more of the nightmare story but I am thinking you're getting my point...

My pickup is in place. It's working fine. It wasn't without adjustment grinding banging and so forth. My milodon oil pan had a leak from Factory. this really upset me because it went onto my new Stroker motor and at the time I was able to have the motor upside down and make sure everything fit nice and do said adjustments to the pickup tube and then to have everything finally all put together motor broken in and have it leak! Then to call milodon and have them say oh no not again! Where in California and now we can only check with water instead of its insolvent like we used to. Not only does my formerly new pan have J-B Weld and the right stuff to plug up the factory hole but also had to cut a big triangle out of my K frame which was not mentioned and my driver side header pretty much touches it. I can tell you more of the nightmare story but I am thinking you're getting my point...
which pan?

20150428_172020.jpg
20150428_172433.jpg
20150301_173050.jpg

Wouldn't recommend one of these to my worst enemy...

I’d be leery about that. While the Eddy RPMs are nice and I have a set, the Trickflow Big Block heads out of the box compared to the Eddy RPMs, are out performing then from most of the data I’ve seen. If they can duplicate that success with their small block heads, I’ll be impressed to say the least

I probably have a skewed outlook on... But I also waited on W-5's to be released back in the day when I already had W-2's in my possession and ended up going backwards waiting on the latest and greatest. I am sure the TF's are going to be nice but it's alot of hype so I hope they live up to the expectation.....

JW

Cutting to fit for that pan has been a known issue for about 15+ years.

The fact it leaks OOTB from bad manufacturing processes is the bigger issue!

Why is this topic in the big block section?
and what's with the oil pan chatter in a Trick Flow head post. I guess I will stick to big blocks.
I kinda interested in the small block head Trick Flow is bringing to the table for my first small block build. lol

-
Back