Trick Flow heads

-
If they are anything like their 190cc small block ford head then they will be really good. IMHO the big block head has far surpassed the hype. I will be buying a set right away and I imagine if they sell really well there will be a 220 version soon after and that will be the game changer but only if they can manage to use stock intake exhaust and rockers.

No doubt about everything you are thinking. I do however feel they are late to the party (but better late than never lol) and the fact is the late gen hemi stuff is where the future is IMO.... They needed to do this 15 years ago. No doubt for stock rocker arm heads they would be the benchmark by which everyone else is judged. TF has nice stuff.

It won't take long before someone quickly gets them on a dyno or a flowbench....

JW

I talked with someone at trickflow near the end of march and was told they we’re running limited production on the heads and they will be producing more in about 6 weeks, I did get a hold of a pair for my 390 stroker I’m building and the quality is very nice imo

7AAC7016-47B8-4D4D-A5D2-1222141EDD47.jpeg

B2A3A897-108C-4931-ACCD-3A417E3BB72B.jpeg

Ordered a set today!!
Had a exhaust valve tulip this weekend in one of my stock 340 X heads.
I took that as a Sign...lol
It had trouble with detonation on 91 pump gas anyway.
These should cure that and make more power!!
I'm excited!
I'll keep you guys posted on the results..
Thank you fabo!

Right - a tulip is a wake up call
lucky you did not suck a valve
let us know how the new ones work out
btw exhaust get to hot? one of the center ones (usually but not always)
whose valves?

Right - a tulip is a wake up call
lucky you did not suck a valve
let us know how the new ones work out
btw exhaust get to hot? one of the center ones (usually but not always)
whose valves?

Yep # 6...lol
Not sure exactly why
I got on it a little the other day when it shifted into drive ( 3rd. ) gear it pingged a bit I let of the gas and it started running rough I knew something happened.
Did a compression test all were approx 170
Number 6 had 60.
Pulled that valve cover #6 exhaust valve is noticeably taller.
Haven't pulled it apart yet but I'm pretty sure that's the culprit.
Oh and the Heads I had a valve job done about a year ago they installed hard exhaust seats but used all the old valves.
Could be original? 1969
I built this engine pretty cheap.
Hind sight = Don't cheap out on doing the Heads...lol

It might be worth your while to pop the piston out and inspect the ring lands. If you can hear detonation that's never a good thing....

JW

It might be worth your while to pop the piston out and inspect the ring lands. If you can hear detonation that's never a good thing....

JW
Thank you
Yeah it's been super sensitive to timing and fuel.
It calculated at 9.5
The most timing it can handle is 32 total.
A/f is low 12's
I'll see how it looks after pulling the heads,
I'm really hoping not to have to tear it down
Completely.
But it is what it is..
It does have a good bottom end.
Forged crank, scat I beams, srp forged flat tops.
Btw..not wanting to hi Jack your thread
I'm fairly new here and don't wanna be out of line.
Thank you

Got a set delivered today.....Summit shows two version available today with the other two versions available on May 7.

20190422_184213_resized.jpg

20190422_184151_resized.jpg

20190422_184159_resized.jpg

20190422_184219_resized.jpg

Very cool! The exhaust ports look much bigger than normal. Do they take a standard header??

Man I really want a set for a future build.

Ordered a set today!!
Had a exhaust valve tulip this weekend in one of my stock 340 X heads.
I took that as a Sign...lol
It had trouble with detonation on 91 pump gas anyway.
These should cure that and make more power!!
I'm excited!
I'll keep you guys posted on the results..
Thank you fabo!

That must have made some racket, what brand valve?
Mine went out of round, ferrea

I know it's a pain in the arse but can you pull an intake valve and take a picture of the bowl? I'd love to see it.

TIA
You truly do have a short memory and I guess you expect everybody else to do as well LOL. Apparently you forgotten the way you talked to him in the past. And now you want him to do favors LOL you really got to remember the things you say to people sometimes...

You truly do have a short memory and I guess you expect everybody else to do as well LOL. Apparently you forgotten the way you talked to him in the past. And now you want him to do favors LOL you really got to remember the things you say to people sometimes...

Don't need the pictures. I've already had my hands on the heads.

I don't hold grudges. That's for pussies, cucks and cry babies.

Don't need the pictures. I've already had my hands on the heads.

I don't hold grudges. That's for pussies, cucks and cry babies.
But people have long memories....
No one wants to be burned by fire twice.

it takes more than a typewriter to hurt my feelings. I kinda like YR's 16 grit response's. lol
I've chatted with him in pm's. he is very personable.

it takes more than a typewriter to hurt my feelings. I kinda like YR's 16 grit response's. lol
I've chatted with him in pm's. he is very personable.

What does it say when someone gets offended by what is said on the Internet? Grade school ****.

I don't hold a grudge. Doesn't do me any good.

I'm even more personable on the phone. And downright friendly in person. I still don't bullshit. I say the straight poop.

LOL. I think even I'm getting a little trick flow fever. I couldn't help asking the Machine Shop where I was getting my oil about them yesterday. They said they hadn't had a pair of the small blocks in yet, but they have several pair on Big Blocks right now that people are raving about..

yr
did those valves have hard chrome stems?
I usually knurl ream hone guides most of the way through for oiling/ durability with unleaded crap we have here in California
and I od hone all valves with the special Sunnen hone to check for straight and put a little oil retention on them

yr
did those valves have hard chrome stems?
I usually knurl ream hone guides most of the way through for oiling/ durability with unleaded crap we have here in California
and I od hone all valves with the special Sunnen hone to check for straight and put a little oil retention on them

The TF valves? Yes, they did. I must say again, the TF heads I looked over were by far, the best OOTB heads I've seen. Not just the castings and finish machine work, but the components they send out with them.

TF did good with that head. Can't wait for the intake manifold.

-
Back