Trick Flow small block heads

-
OPS!

LMAO!

On purpose..... LOL

Last edited:
Looks like when I search Summit with my phone like I usually do they don't show up, but I just searched on a computer and it DOES finally list the Trick Flow small block Mopar heads.
Now we are getting somewhere.
Update; Now they show up on my phone too.

Last edited:
Looks like when I search Summit with my phone like I usually do they don't show up, but I just searched on a computer and it DOES finally list the Trick Flow small block Mopar heads.
Now we are getting somewhere.

Well the Summit sale is still going on and for the guys that have a Discover Card I got an email that said if I use my Discover Card when making a Paypal payment I can save 10% (up to 100.00) during the month of April.

Brian at IMM flowed the heads
Great numbers, he is extremely impressed
Its on IMM’s facebook page
Numbers exceeded the posted trick flow numbers

Well...my birthday is two weeks away.....early birthday present....shipping tomorrow....

Good thing I went back to look for the stud kit cause I did not complete the order on the cylinder heads.....lol...

yes...i ordered the stud kit....

Brian at IMM flowed the heads
Great numbers, he is extremely impressed
Its on IMM’s facebook page
Numbers exceeded the posted trick flow numbers
I hate to race flow benches. But it’s better to read that Brian found more than less like - cough cough - other cylinder heads.... cough cough.....

I hate to race flow benches. But it’s better to read that Brian found more than less like - cough cough - other cylinder heads.... cough cough.....

I’m sure the 4.030 bore adaptor that Brian used accounted for some of the improvements. TrickFlow has a 4.000 test bore size on their flow chart. He also said they backed up some at around .700 so that tells me there is more on the table. Hopefully they come out with a 2.08 valve option and at least a 220 plus cc intake runner.

I’m sure the 4.030 bore adaptor that Brian used accounted for some of the improvements. TrickFlow has a 4.000 test bore size on their flow chart. He also said they backed up some at around .700 so that tells me there is more on the table. Hopefully they come out with a 2.08 valve option and at least a 220 plus cc intake runner.
Yes, a larger 2.08 and a moved pushrod.
BAMM BABY!

Those bore adapters would essentially(almost) be like having the heads mounted on a standard bore 360 vs a standard 340? The larger bore un-shrouds the intake valve a little more?

Yes, a larger 2.08 and a moved pushrod.
BAMM BABY!

I’m hoping that because they have their own stud kit that the studs are longer. Longer would probably mean more material to work with than the cookie cutter Edelbrock copies. More material could probably make for more port volume out of the same casting. Fingers crossed

@gzig5 Yes, larger the bore plate fixture, the better it allows the head to move air raising the numbers. This is why your head guy should be asking you what your bore size will be when you use the head, exactly. While the difference in a 4.00 to a 4.010 will show next t nothing, it could be different. You want exact! Just so you know.

I’ll have to dig up my flow numbers, which I’m not a huge fan of, because there flowed by two different people on two different benches and fixture sizes. I’ll nut shell it and say that the difference in max flow is IIRC, 15 cfm.

I trust my guy more. Even more so because not only did he do as I ask but also used the bore fixture size I intend to use, a 4.03 vs the 4.125 “The Other Guy” did which didn’t make any sense since I told him it would be a 4.030 bore size.

77DC4E9E-D805-4C60-B889-8CF278328862.jpeg
My .350 offset rockers would come on handy

What does Roadkills, Dave Freiberger always say?

Afford the best cylinder head you can!

I cannot agree with this anymore except to start screaming “Hell Yeah” at the top of my lungs.

I just ordered a set. Bought them individually and used the always code. Got $100 off of each head. Swapping out the Promaxx 171 out of the box head and going to bolt these new 190 Trick Flow's on and see what happens.

They must be selling. Summit only lists the cheaper head as shipping today. Yesterday three out of the four heads showed a current shipping date.

I did see after I ordered mine they were not available to ship today anymore.

-
Back