TrickFlow 270's are in stock!

-
Waiting with interest for the results on this one. Is that now a $1300.00 intake manifold?

Umm, more than that! The invoice from Wilson was $1975........

Haven't heard any feedback! Anybody have more info on the trickflow track heat intake. Anybody know for sure if it will work with the 270's on a B block? Trickflow says yes, but they are also salesman. Any actual testing or port matching been done.

Ready too see that intake on something! Andy, which shortblock will you be testing it on? the dry sump 470??

Haven't heard any feedback! Anybody have more info on the trickflow track heat intake. Anybody know for sure if it will work with the 270's on a B block? Trickflow says yes, but they are also salesman. Any actual testing or port matching been done.

Why do guys keep asking this question? A standard port intake bolts on to the Max Wedge heads and the engine will run (if you can seal the intake port) but really what is the point of putting a standard port intake on a Max Wedge head?

Why bother buying the Max Wedge heads if you are going to stick a standard port intake on there?? If you want to run the standard port intake then buy the 240 heads and have a matched system.

Ready too see that intake on something! Andy, which shortblock will you be testing it on? the dry sump 470??

Yes, the Wilson modified Indy 400-3 intake is bolted to my 470 shortblock with the 270 heads. Next time I run it though it won't be dry sump. I switched oil pans and now I'm going to run it with an external belt driven oil pump. Engine is ready to go, just waiting its turn. I have to finish the EFI project first.

Ohhh......and that's not counting the initial cost of the intake itself. I hope it works!

I'm sure it will work but it is expensive power. Most likely pick up 25 or 30 hp so that is a lot of money per hp. Sure looks nice though! I think next time I'll have a sheet metal intake made. I'm pretty sure I can get a sheet metal intake for the $2500 range and I think sheet metal will make more power.

Why is the only choice in Indy intake and then spend $2,000 on porting

Is that a metaphysical question? Why is there only one way to make power when using a low deck Mopar engine with Max Wedge heads? I don't know the answer to that question, it just is the way things are. Maybe God doesn't want us to have too many choices? Maybe we're being punished for our sins? I'm not sure what the answer is.

If you want more options then build a RB block with MW heads. Then you can use cross rams and box rams and tunnel rams and Super Victors and 440-3X intakes and bunches of other choices.

Why do guys keep asking this question? A standard port intake bolts on to the Max Wedge heads and the engine will run (if you can seal the intake port) but really what is the point of putting a standard port intake on a Max Wedge head?

Why bother buying the Max Wedge heads if you are going to stick a standard port intake on there?? If you want to run the standard port intake then buy the 240 heads and have a matched system.

You mean you get frustrated too when asked the same question 49 times?? haha :) thanks for all you do and share with us man!! MUCH appricated!!

Why is the only choice an Indy intake and then spend $2,000 on porting

Because people are ignorant and they refuse to use the B1 heads and make even more power with less hassle.

The simple fact is, and has been since the early 90's, if you have a low deck and want to make power, the B1 heads are your answer. S/F....Ken M

Please stay focused on the trick flow 270 heads here, go start a seperate thread on the B1 head.... thanks

Here is a picture of the Wilson modified 400-2 intake mounted up on my low deck 470. This engine is ready to run but I'm working on other projects at the moment so it might be a month or two before I get this one back on the dyno.

DSC_0906 (Large).JPG

sorry replicaracer43 , did not read in that far . but mrl performance did put up this thread , thats wtf i'm talking about . if andy f is the man . then lets hope he keeps posting the goods .

This thread has been beat to death.............thanks to Andy for keeping it interesting and alive....

This thread has been beat to death.............thanks to Andy for keeping it interesting and alive....
Andy for president! " I envy some one who has the dinero and set up to do what he does." ALL INFORMATIVE to us peonies !

If I was President I wouldn't have any time to work on big block engines! I suppose I could run on the platform of "big blocks for all". Probably wouldn't do so well with the coastal elites........

I believe both Muscle Motors and MRL have closed.......
Yes, I spoke with Eric yesterday and Mike is retiring. Good for him, but sad for us. I was very happy with the work and service from Muscle motors. He did mention, they would consider a small amount of work if they were e-mailed (Mike).

If I was President I wouldn't have any time to work on big block engines! I suppose I could run on the platform of "big blocks for all". Probably wouldn't do so well with the coastal elites........
You could hide the builds under EPA emissions testing program and set them out the back door when done flogging.:thumbsup: LOL

Pfft! gub'ment waste.

LOL

-
Back