Trickflow Power Port 270 on a B block question.

-

Dragonbat13

Reaction score
I've searched around quite a bit and read all kinds of conflicting stuff from it won't work at all to Trickflow is coming up with a manifold.

I am under the impression that the Trickflow 270 with "Max Wedge Type" intake runners wil work with a B block if using an RB intake manifold.

Is this the case? If not what are the options?

This isn’t complicated.
With TF heads, you would use the manifold type that matches the block you’re using.
B manifolds on B blocks, RB manifolds on RB blocks.

The 270’s do indeed have MW sized ports, and afaik only Indy offers low deck manifolds with MW sized ports.

I think o.p. is thinking of raised port stage sixes, that could use an rb intake on a B block. Wont work on a Trickflow.
My question is.... can the trickflow B intake be opened up to maxwedge size? Is there enough meat?
(FWIW, I have a tm7 440 intake opened up to maxwedge. But the top of the port needed welding, and the bottom of the port is VERY thin.)

I think o.p. is thinking of raised port stage sixes, that could use an rb intake on a B block. Wont work on a Trickflow.
My question is.... can the trickflow B intake be opened up to maxwedge size? Is there enough meat?
(FWIW, I have a tm7 440 intake opened up to maxwedge. But the top of the port needed welding, and the bottom of the port is VERY thin.)

This must be what I was thinking, and had my mind mixed up. So it's a yes on stage six heads with RB manifolds on a B.

So now another question. Just how much meat would have to be ground off the B manifold? Couldn't a manifold be welded up?

Heck, I wasn't even sure TF made a B intake till a couple days ago. So I have no experience with how much metal is there, to know if it can be opened up to maxwedge.
What I do know, I described above. My TM7 has had a chunk of aluminum welded to the top of each pair of ports, to enable them to be opened to max size. The bottom of the port is okay, but bare minimum thin. Width of port seemed to be no problem.
What would have-to-be/could-be done to a 383 manifold to get it to match a 270 tf, I have no way of knowing.
As said above, the only bolt-on maxwedge B manifold I know of is from indy, and I don't know if you can even get one now.
I can post pics of my Tm7 if it'll help.....

Last edited:
Trickflow says their intake can be opened up for max wedge ports.

What is the action plan for the engine? Maybe the TF 240s with stock size ports will do the job, & you then have a LOT more intakes to choose from.....

Indy is really the only show in town for a b engine with 270’s

7DCA949D-AFC7-4AB0-930F-C84343942D74.jpeg

Depending on how much power you're looking for, The 240 intake will support 700 hp or so in a 270 head, I will be dynoing one in a couple of months, anyone want another manifold tested, and want to send it at the time let me know, I will have it for the day.

-
Back