Trunk Mount Battery

-

scatpakman

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Ok guys and gals let see your creativity when it comes to junction/relay boxes. I've seen people run the + cable to the engine compartment into a junction box and run relay from there. Lets see some pics. Thanks.

I ran it to the same place the factory did, the starter relay, after moving it to the passenger side frame rail,down by the firewall where the hot headers are. You can't fit booster cables in there, so it makes it hard to steal,lol. The only relays I used was for the ignition system and another up at the headlights so I could see at night,lol.

My battery is mounted right rear.I ran my + cable under the rear floor (fastback) and forward using the factory wire channel and covers to the inner firewall to an insulated pass through bulkhead post. In the engine bay ,from the post to the starter relay and post to starter. My fuel pump relay is in the rear mounted next to the battery. My interior fuse box is powered by a 100a maxi fuse from the interior side + post. Fan relays are on the fan. Ignition,horn and F.A.S.T. XFI relays are mounted behind the glove box fuse box. I also ran the - cable forward (after grounding the rear of the car) down the right side channel ,out the right kick panel antenna hole and forward to the frame rail(welded stud) and a stainless strap from the stud to the engine. The multiple ground locations reduce current draw and voltage drop.

-
Back