trunk pan replacement info needed

-

sunroof360

Reaction score
My car is 1976 dart sport, slant 6 nothing fancy, I recently picked up for 2k. Previous owner cut out center section of trunk, almost over to the seam of the trunk/quarterpanel dropdowns. I will not be doing any quarterpanel work and the tailpanel is fine. Will the 1 piece large AMD trunk pan replacement panel fit thru the trunk lid opening? Or will I need to get the 2 piece trunk pan sheetmetal from year one or another supplier? Last check AMD does not offer a 2 piece trunk pan replacement kit. I talked with a year one rep. at a show and he was concerned that year ones 2 piece sheetmetal was only listed for 1974 and eariler dart sports. Is there any difference with 1975 and 1976 dart sport trunk sheetmetal parts and what year one has available and listed for 1974 and earlier dart sports? thanks

I just put in a rear floor pan patch from C2C, and it was the worst-fitting piece of sheetmetal I've ever installed. Thankfully I didn't need to turn up the back side of the pan, since their patch was about an inch too short. There was quite a bit of "beat to fit" and "tackweld and ballpeen" action going on- luckily it's not a concours restoration and it's a panel that will never be seen once the Dynamat goes down.....

Really, got rear qp's from them and they were great. Kind of surprised to hear that. I have been using roof flashing from home depot instead of dynamat, about 1/3 the price, just my 2c, almost did not want to add that after the floor patch.

The quarter panels were probably made by AMD or someone else- this was a panel that they make in-house. The stiffener ribs were made with a bead roller, rather than being stamped into the panel like the bigger manufacturers do- it looked like a home-made panel, rather than a stamping.

Wow I would have sent it back. Yes my panels were Sherman I believe, I had to cut down 2 door ones for my more door, worked great though, pretty cheap with the shipping if I remember, was three years ago. The trunk fillers were good also.

-
Back