trunk seal install

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
Hi guys ready to install the trunk seal on the 69 dart.The instructions are to small to read and see the picture.I took two pics of how it goes on witch way could someone tell me witch way.Thanks Don

100_1801.jpg

100_1802.jpg

I need to do this to my Demon also and have no instructions. I have been putting it off.....

Let me know what adhesive you are using and do you apply it to the trunk lip as well as the weatherstrip rubber?

Thanks for this thread......:thumblef:

In the lower photo the 2 lips are correct pointing out but its uppside down. The smaller flatter lip goes to the bottom. The yellow 3M weatherstrip adhesive will glue it down. Clean the surface well and wipe it down with alcohol first.
The very best place to put that seal is back in the package it came in.
The newer design seals are a hollow tube on a U shaped channel. Those seal better , last longer, and need no glue. Nearly free at a parts yard.

I use the Black 3M Super Weatherstrip Adhesive. I hate the yellow stuff because if any squishes out the sides it looks bad. Plus the black is the same price.

You probably already know this but the weatherstrip should start and end right above the license plate.

I am sure you will be doing this but I like to have the butte gap on the lower center of the trunk opening with just a dab of 3M black in between the gap.

6pactogo,I like the black 3m blends in better with the black seal.The last seal I did on my Roadrunner I just put the glue on the channel first.Hows you car coming she ideling ok now.

The black 3M Super Weatherstrip adhesive is great stuff. My wife tore up the hollow trunk weatherstrip on our late model family car putting a bike in the trunk. I was pissed, as all I could see were dollar signs buying a new one at the dealer. Glued it back together with the 3M. Worked great and looks good.

I used it on my Duster trunk seal.

6pactogo,I like the black 3m blends in better with the black seal.The last seal I did on my Roadrunner I just put the glue on the channel first.Hows you car coming she ideling ok now.

Snake, Got the black 3M and will tackle this today. The Demon is running much better, but still needs some fine tuning. Thanks for asking and also for your help. :happy8:

Black 3m and close pins, 1 foot at a time.

Hmmm, clothes pins. This sounds like a great idea. :thumbrig:

Clothes pins have a multitute of uses in the garage. I use them for weatherstips, headliners, upholstery, vinyl tops etc.

To take it up a notch over clothes pins is a binder clip, sold at office supply stores. Binder clips work even better.

Old thread, but it should be a sticky. The pictures are great and very informative. I need to do this soon too, I've just been putting it off since I have about 1,000 other things to fix.

If I am not mistaken, the break should go in the center at the back as that is generally the lowest point.

Old thread, but it should be a sticky. The pictures are great and very informative. I need to do this soon too, I've just been putting it off since I have about 1,000 other things to fix.

^^^^^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^

sometimes a relevant thread comes back from the dead and it is a good thing.

-
Back