Trunk trim switch Dart custom to GT

-

Richie

Reaction score
Hi everybody:

Someone must have done this in here. I don't want to offend anyone but in my opinion about the only styling boo boo that Dodge made on the 69 Dart were the trim strips on the 69 Dart Customs, side and trunk. The side trim on mine is gone but I still want to get a GT panel for the trunk. Is there clips you buy or is it just screw on? They must fit right on too right?

1969-dodge-dart-custom.jpg

52082207372_af299f4de2_b.jpg

Hi everybody:

Someone must have done this in here. I don't want to offend anyone but in my opinion about the only styling boo boo that Dodge made on the 69 Dart were the trim strips on the 69 Dart Customs, side and trunk. The side trim on mine is gone but I still want to get a GT panel for the trunk. Is there clips you buy or is it just screw on? They must fit right on too right?

View attachment 1715929591

View attachment 1715929597
Thanks for posting the two. I never realised the difference. I sure do like the simple trim best.

You'll have to drill more mounting holes in the lid to convert to the GT/GTS trunk finish panel.

You'll have to drill more mounting holes in the lid to convert to the GT/GTS trunk finish panel.
yes, plus 68-69 finish panels have different mounting holes on the each edge of the lid, so you can't just use a 68 on a 69 and visa versa...

-
Back