TRW piston L2373

-

4spdragtop

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Im looking at an engine with these pistons. Sorry no pics. Anyone got info? I tried google but nuthin.
Does someone have an old TRW catalog? They were bought by Sealed Power, which is Federal Mogul correct?
Thanks
Steve

It looks to be a low compression piston, found in the Dodge truck section of the book. Comp distance is 1.672
100_1154.JPG

Yes, the old low compression truck pistons. Great for lugging loads at 1500 RPM on bad gas in Mexico.... LOL

Just purely for interest..... did you know that the 318 and both 273 type piston + pin weights were all the same? The Mopar engineers put some REEEEEALLY heavy pins in the 273's so that the piston+pin weights stayed constant for all 3 engines: 318, 273 2 BBL, and 273 4 BBL. The 273 2 BBL pins weigh 220 grams each! The cranks all balanced out to the same bobweight this way. Talk about long-term planning.....!

There are typically holes drilled into the edges of the front and rear counterweights, (and other spots as well). But if it was done a while ago, it would probably be impossible to tell if such holes are the factory ones or later ones unless one knew that factory ones looked just such a certain way.

Thanks once I get 83 off engine stand 70 will go on and I can inspect. (70 is one with the L2373's)
There are typically holes drilled into the edges of the front and rear counterweights, (and other spots as well). But if it was done a while ago, it would probably be impossible to tell if such holes are the factory ones or later ones unless one knew that factory ones looked just such a certain way.

-
Back