TRW PS Pump SL-6 Oddities

-

mydart270

myDart270
Reaction score
ok.......my original 1968 Dodge Dart 270 SL-6 came with a TRW PS pump. Sent to LARSE for rebuild 3x via RMR Restoration and still failed. Finally bit the bullet and installed FEDERAL from Steer and Gear and working perfectly. Anybody know why TRW pumps so finicky? LARSE and Steer and Gear say "stay away from TRW". LARSE willing to refund all monies spent but want TRW pump returned. I have a TRW pump for V8 application (3/8 in low pressure nipple). Is this pump still finicky?

Comments? Recommendations?? Dynamite needed for TRW??

thx guys...ur the best!!!

Sorry, don't have answers... just some related questions that may be relevant to this thread (if not -I apologize).

...I also have a TRW p/s pump that has issues...
Appears the pulley shaft drifts in and out during revs. So I am guessing the internal retainer on the pump shaft may be out of place and therefore allowing the pulley/shaft.
The car is a 68 Barracuda v8 340.
There is also a squealing I need to resolve. They may be related. Occurs at high rpm's and not necessarily just when accelerating. Figuring if the p/s pulley is moving out of line with the drive pulley because the shaft is sliding in/out that may be causing the squeal.
I want to know if it is worth rebuilding the trw pump and if so what kits anyone would recommend. Would prefer to keep this pump with the car (assuming it is likely the original pump to the car)

-
Back