Trying to follow a Mopar Muscle Build

-

68 A

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm going to rebuild a 318 for my dart and i wanted to follow the build that Mopar Muscle did in the November 2003 issue. The build has the following specs:
9.8 : 1 hypereutectic pistons
stock rods
.222/.230 at .050 duration and .470/.480 inch lift
360 cast iron intake manifold
ported 360 heads
750 cfm thermoquad

everything else about the build was stock.

it was put on the dyno with maximums of 357 hp at 5250 rpm and 388 ft/lbs at 4250 rpm

i have a few questions about this that hopefully someone will be able to help me with. I can get most of the parts to follow this build. I have a torker 340 intake that i would like to put on because i have it and it would reduce the price of my engine build. I am wondering how it would work with the combination.
I located a 360 intake from an '85 360, would this manifold work?

Second question: the build was for a strip car. I will not be running my car at the strip and am building it for the street. Will this build cause me any problems with street use, if there would be, what would i need to change to make it more streetable.

anyother advice is greatly appreciated as this is my first engine rebuild.

Thank you

Looks like everything will work and the 85 manifold should work fine if your so inclined to use it but the aluminum would work equally as well and save the money. Sounds very streetable as posted. Good luck and have fun.

The torker single plane will loose u lots of tork.........the stock manifold will be way better..........down size the cam 1 step also......kim

Look around and see if you can trade your manifold for the one used in the build.They used that intake for a reason and I would follow the build to the T.But personally if you can afford it I would go with a GOOD set of H beam rods,also I would port match the intake to the heads and do some really fine polishing in the port areas of heads and intake.The smoother and slicker it is the easier the air will flow over it.

the rods are already in my garage, but i still have to do the headwork and have yet to order the cam. And i'll get a different intake now too. THanks alot!

-
Back