trying to remove bottom ball joint

-

17dartandbroke

Reaction score
72 D A R T......I was told to load up the torsion bar(turn all the way clockwise) and beat on the bottom ball joint with a few turns off of the nut that goes on it. The shock is disconnected too. This is not working at all. Anyone have any tips or can tell me what i'm doing wrong. Trying to beat night/mosquitos.

no

so I should leave it the spindle connected up top, unload the torsion bar, and disconnect the lower balljoint from the spindle?

Unload it, unbolt the spindle and move it out of the way. You should have a clear shot at it now. I have used 2 hammers, I smack both sides, at the same time, of where the ball joint goes thru the lower control arm to loosen it up. Then with the nut loose and so the bolt is flush with the top of the nut. Hit the top of the nut/bolt and it should drop out of the lower control arm

Some of them can be a real bear. One of my friends had a D uster. and he beat the crap out of it before it would come loose. He's a big boy to . His arms make my legs look small.
Good Luck

no, I just hit on one side at a time, and then from the top down with the lower control arm supported so that it couldnt move down when i hit it

-
Back