TTI’s are you freaking kidding me!

-

Frank Mopar

Reaction score
Whoever put the 360 in my Valiant did a nice job but they cut the clutch fork to run exhaust plus it has manifolds so after 5 years, time to fix it. Got a new clutch fork and Ill order shortys

I called TTI for shortys, eight weeks out!! Come on. The man said “why shortys”? Dude, 4 speed, Z-bar you know they story. He insisted they will fit. OK im gullible

Guess what? I did all the prep work, pulled center-link, jacked her up to the roof, jacked motor up (they install from underneath) and BINGO! they slid right in! Never put a scratch on them. Am I dreaming?!

Whoever put the 360 in my Valiant did a nice job but they cut the clutch fork to run exhaust plus it has manifolds so after 5 years, time to fix it. Got a new clutch fork and Ill order shortys

I called TTI for shortys, eight weeks out!! Come on. The man said “why shortys”? Dude, 4 speed, Z-bar you know they story. He insisted they will fit. OK im gullible

Guess what? I did all the prep work, pulled center-link, jacked her up to the roof, jacked motor up (they install from underneath) and BINGO! they slid right in! Never put a scratch on them. Am I dreaming?!
Doug's too.
No issues with clutch linkage and Autozone runs a 20% off sale every couple months... Knocks $100 plus off the price.
No shipping either, pick em up at the store.

Good job. If most folks read the instructions for their first install, and lift the egine, there'd be a lot less complaining. I still chuckle at the guy that pounded the top of the tubes flat,trying to get them in from the top. lol.

TTI shorty headers on my 408. They are awesome.

IMG_24961.jpg

Nope! Welcome to the club of happy guys, myself included, for TTI’s excellent fit. I am way so happy with there fit, finish & performance from header to tail pipe tip.

I did have to make a small dent for steering linkage clearance. However by compare to other headers, it is t even small potatoes! Even with that ever so minor issue, I’ll purchase again and again and again!

TTI shorty headers on my 408. They are awesome.

View attachment 1715177366

Hi, I would very much like to see a pic of the driver's side headpipe when you're done please. The one's I've seen a while ago needed a real tight 120*ish gooseneck right off the collector under the steering, kinda like under a kitchen sink. I'm very curious to see what they're like. Thank you. cheers

Hi, I would very much like to see a pic of the driver's side headpipe when you're done please. The one's I've seen a while ago needed a real tight 120*ish gooseneck right off the collector under the steering, kinda like under a kitchen sink. I'm very curious to see what they're like. Thank you. cheers

Like the man at TTI said. Why shortys the long tubes fit just fine.

I suspect you may have seen pics of Hedmans shorty headers,They created a pretty good design but sort of dropped the ball on collectorlocation and angle. TTI shortys finnish further back and is pretty close to starter and tortionbar but in a much better spot than Hedmans.

Sweet!

The only issue I had, dose of reality, I had to notch the scattershield on the right side.

Mine just kissed the Lakewood bell, so I put a block under the 4 tubes and floor jacked it a tad while tightening the flange and after dropping the jack... it clearanced itself .060

I don't know about everybody else with a 4-speed but with the full lenfth tti's I had to relocate the clutch fork side arm on the z bar, moved it out..but not all the way or it hits the factory mini starter.. about an 1/4 from end...then I ground the back side because it still slightly kissed one tube.

Power steering clears, idler clears.

Solid mounts is why.

I suspect you may have seen pics of Hedmans shorty headers,They created a pretty good design but sort of dropped the ball on collectorlocation and angle. TTI shortys finnish further back and is pretty close to starter and tortionbar but in a much better spot than Hedmans.
Thank - you for your response. Out of curiosity would still like TTI plc. . cheers

Mine just kissed the Lakewood bell, so I put a block under the 4 tubes and floor jacked it a tad while tightening the flange and after dropping the jack... it clearanced itself .060

I don't know about everybody else with a 4-speed but with the full lenfth tti's I had to relocate the clutch fork side arm on the z bar, moved it out..but not all the way or it hits the factory mini starter.. about an 1/4 from end...then I ground the back side because it still slightly kissed one tube.

Power steering clears, idler clears.

Solid mounts is why.

I had to rewok my Z- bar also. TTi sells a modified bar but they also have instructions of how to mod your own.

I looking to replace mine I have Hooker headers long tube they hang low on drivers side all flat on bottom

Actually they are worse then the pic shows, it’s an older pic. Did change them with something different?

-
Back